Apparently I have it mixed up. I take friendships seriously, and whenever someone says they are a friend to me, I do everything in my power to show them I can be a good friend. Then I get ignored, or just completely blown off. I'm getting tired of it.
CRD1983 CRD1983 26-30, M 11 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Parenting & Family

A friend to me is almost like family, they walk in when the world walks out.

Best Answer

I think people are taking you for granted. Not everybody realizes the value of friends. <br />
There's no clear definition of what a friend is, there are many concepts of what a friend is not. I think that's because it can actually be different thing, and there are different tiers. We can't all be friends, we can't sustain relationships with 7 billion friends. Still, I personally hold friends at higher importance than family, I think we have to change our culture to replace the importance of family with the importance of friends.

Best Answer

Somebody who cares about you> somebody you can confide in. <br />
Somebody who wont stab you in the back and somebody you can <br />
have a lot of fun and laughs with

Best Answer

Same experience in my life CRD. Perhaps people can not appreciate true friendship, i.e. being as close as a brother or sister would be for their sibling. to me a friend should have your back, be there when you really need them, share endlessly, give and take. They should be there for the good times and the bad.

Best Answer

dont go out your way to be a good friend, that is being false. just be you, a good friend dose not care what you do or how you do it they are simply your friend. even when you do something everyone else judges you for a real friend is still your friend. you can laugh,fight, and cry together but always stay friends. how many people do we meet in our lives that are like that. One, maybe two. everyone else as you already know come and go so take their friendship for what it is, a passing friendship and then simply move on and do not dwell on the ones that leave. this is my opinion. Hare Krishna

Best Answer

A friend is someone u can be trusted, loyal even in ur worst, a person who can be true and won't betrayed u.

Best Answer

Perhaps you're trying to hard?

Best Answer