MoonLight30 MoonLight30 26-30, F 11 Answers Dec 2, 2010

I agree with you, Lisa. It might be necessary for detecting another underwear bomber.

Best Answer

It's necessary. I've been searched at an airport because apppearantly the little buttons on your jeans are enough to trigger a metal detector. <br />
It's great that the airports are so careful now, and I respect why they did what they did.

Best Answer

If I thought it made us safer, i would agree, but I think if the person has got to that point, then we have already failed, because at some point they will figure out a way to get through security, we need to stop them long before they get to the airport.<br />
Unless every person goes through a scanner/pat down, it is all for show. I think that people should be able to travel by air without being seen naked by a stranger, or having their private parts touched by one, it amazes me how much the terrorists have stolen from us when it comes to privacy and it is a sign that they have won. <br />
In all the recent cases of terrorists on planes, law enforcement (had they followed up on the tips provided) could have stopped the person long before they got to the plane, they did not and now I might have to be groped by a stranger, or seen naked even though the next thing they try will pass detection via these methods. I would rather see the resources go to prevention, rather than show.

Best Answer

if the scanners and the pat downs actually did something for security -fine, but they don't. They're a waste of time and money. They have no redeeming value whatsoever.

Best Answer

as long as a woman pats me down,,I would go back for a few more times,,,,

Best Answer

Sadly societies today have become very paranoid.

Best Answer

well i wish they would stop bitching ! and let them do their job that people complained about in the first place that there wasnt enough security now that there is!!! complain complain

Best Answer