sheekchic sheekchic 31-35 72 Answers Jun 14, 2012

They knock- I tell them I'm Satan's handmaiden, they leave a pamplet and go

Best Answer

One day many years ago, a couple of them knocked at my door. I told them, I was Aztec and give me a Virgin and I would sacrifice her. They left at warp speed. I went back to my beer and playing cards.

Best Answer

That's the spirit!

Best Answer

I have a couple of family friends who are Jehova's Witnesses. They came door-knocking at my mothers home a few years ago on a day that my mother was an emotional mess. My mother answered the door to them and burst into tears, one of the Jehova's Witnesses put her arm around my mum and comforted her, she invited them in for coffee and they had a long chat and she has been a friend to my family ever since. This woman in particular is one of the nicest, most non-judgmental people I have ever met. My mum is a bit of a biker-chick and this Jehova's Witness doesn't care about that. She has been a friend to my mum when my mum has really needed a friend and I really appreciate that.

Best Answer

My parents became Jehovah's Witnesses when I was about 7. I thank f.uck that I already had formed my own beliefs and thoughts by this point, because from than up to the age of 17 when I finally said f.uck this, what they attempted on me was nothing short of brainwashing. That religion has fvcked up 4 generations of our family, I have not spoken to my parents or brothers in almost 20 years (The religions and there choice) They can all go get f.ucked. But I don't judge. haha

Best Answer

I got a huge problem with anyone knocking on my door without having been invited first. I don't care if you're a Jehova's Witness, a door-to-door salesman, or a friend who happened to be in the area. I'm hardly ever home, so when I do get there, I don't want anyone bothering me.

Best Answer

People just like we all are. I dont judge people as a group. I like to get to know the person.. I just hate when they knock on my door on a Saturday at 7 am

Best Answer

People, just like any other. They believe in what they do and say, and the bible does support what they believe. They have high morals and the very best of intentions, but they are humans, just like you and I, and by nature imperfect. It's NOT some weird cult, or anything like that.

Best Answer

Child like naivety.

Best Answer

I would love to throw a nice bucket of boiling tar over them. So in other words I am saying I ******* hate the twats! :)

Best Answer

I admire them for their devotion, but I am not interested in what they have to sell. I had 27 years of crackpot religion, that's enough to last a lifetime.

Best Answer

not as bad as $cientologists but prone to cultishness, and simplistic fundamentalism - often the people low down in the organization are basically good, but the higher up you go the meaner they often are

Best Answer

i've known a few Jehovahs, and talked to more than a few

Best Answer

As people they are okay, but I don't want religion rammed down my throat. As I said to one who banged on my door, "I work on the railways but I don't knock on your door and tell you to travel by train". To another I told him that "I haven't got much longer time on this planet. Give me your name and I will tell Jehovah you came and saw me".<br />
The Mormons keep coming round as well. Now if I can get their adresses and that of the JW's, I can send them round to each others house.

Best Answer

Religion is the only tool in existence that can turn a perfectly good person into a totally mindless robot. Even take bath salts for example, might cause a person to eat someones face off. Religion can annihilate nations of people, destroy thousands of years of knowledge, cause people to hate even themselves, thoroughly. But few religions can teach young people to hate life so much they march up your doorstep with a smile to tell you about it.

Best Answer

What has bath salts got to do with religion? Just wondering.

Best Answer

Bath salts was the only other substance, situation, idea or belief I could think of which was relative in regards to its ability to completely destroy a persons moral integrity, among other things. It's where human decency goes to die.

Best Answer

They are lovely people & when they knock on your door they like to be shown a cross

Best Answer

It keeps them off the streets--oh wait, no it doesn't.

Best Answer

As long as you're living a righteous life, I don't care how you get there.

Best Answer

You want to get me banned from here ?<br />
I'm agnotic, but have spoken to people of many faiths (nort only Christians) but find the Jehaovahs absolute pains ! When they've come to my door, they never identify themselves - you have to virtually force it out of them ; they simply don't seem to understand 'I am not interested' and I have even had them knock my door again (different member of the same group) within a few minutes after telling one that.<br />
A friend of mine simply tells them he is a Freemason (he is) and invites them to talk about Freemasonry with him ! Apparently they leave rapidly.

Best Answer

I used to invite them in and 'discuss' religion with them but it's pretty much like talking to one of those automated phone messages. They don't hear a word you're saying.<br />
So now, when they come to the door, I just say (politely):<br />
"We already have a religion, thanks!"

Best Answer

There's witnesses? This is just like spontaneous human combustion, people are witnessing something which don't really exist. Sorry. :)

Best Answer

The only person I ever knew that claimed to be one was.... in private.... a very naughty/kinky boy..... :-) I would say....when they aren't with the brethren they are like everyone else....a mixed bag. Still when they team up, they are seriously annoying.

Best Answer

From everything I have heard of the group as a whole is that there is a lot of oppression and the leaders impose it citing doctrine inspired by "God" as the reasoning like the other denominations. I don't understand why a group would do what they do to family who don't believe or have doubts or questions even. Very oppressive.

Best Answer