gameroffear gameroffear 36-40, M 7 Answers May 19, 2010

Genocide of a Civilian Population.<br />
A stain on America's History.<br />
And they lost.

Best Answer

I know one thing about that war-governmental involvement held our boys back from doing what they were trained to do. I may not support a war, but I support our kids.

Best Answer

The idea behind the war was the containment of communism. I have a book that lays out the theory that had JFK lived, we never would have gotten so deeply involved - that he planned to pull the troops out. It's a long book with a lot of data and the author makes a good case. The war escalated greatly under LBJ whom I think really believed in the domino theory put forth by McNamara and the other advisors. McNamara later admitted that the domino theory was fatally flawed and said the war had been a mistake. I think that the way the US caved in to the USSR after the end of WWII over the issue of Eastern Europe led to us taking a more unbending stand on communism in later decades. The idea that we were allies with the USSR in WWII and then felt so totally screwed by them later when they pretty much took all the land Hitler had occupied for themselves (the people there weren't any more free under Stalin they they were Hitler). Unfortunately, in Vietnam our puppet government was very corrupt (a recurring theme with us and are non-communist totalitarian/corrupt allies) and the entire thing just turned into a quagmire. I can't say many positive things about Nixon, but he got us out.

Best Answer

What peza said; I could say the same only in different words<br />
~F~

Best Answer

Money and Power.

Best Answer

I lived through it. I don't want to re-hash it.

Best Answer

The U.S. action officially was not a war, but a police action, and its intention was stop the spread of communism in Southeast Asia. The goal of the action was successful, and communism was contained. It was a necessary action to protect international trade, of course. I have no opinion on the presidents who were involved in the war, but I do feel they owed an explanation to the American people regarding their belief that it was America's responsibility to clean up the mess in Vietnam that France had made.

Best Answer

Yeah, that's what they all say , but you guys don't know the real reason . It's pure EVIL, the selfishly thought of the President drove the whole country into war, again after WWII . Do you really think that people just come out and say " I want to conquer this nation because it's have a lot of natural resources and it's weak after the war with France . You peoples always say that Communism is bad, but no it's not. US wanted VN to be the base for operation to conquer the whole Southeast Asia , and would use any possible ways to do it, but luckily , US had failed. I'm not saying this because i hate US, but because i was there and see it all. The whole plan was before my 2 eyes and i didn't know of it till it's was over. The US soldiers became pawns for them selfish presidents. I have hope the same things would not happen again in the future, but how unfortunate, it's has .

Best Answer