WoodersonAlriiight WoodersonAlriiight 16-17, M 7 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in Hobbies

I am sorry, but the British are not very good at making movies.

Best Answer

Why not?

Best Answer

Have you watched one? The only one I have watched recently that I liked was Chatroom.

Best Answer

I haven't heard of Chatroom... But the British have made some amazing films. Lord of the Rings, Skyfall, Harry Potter, Four Lions, 28 Days/Weeks Later, Hot Fuzz, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Green Street, Rise of the Footsoldier, A Clockwork Orange, The Italian Job, Trainspotting... Some of the greatest films ever made.

Best Answer

HATE A CLOCKWORK ORANGE. Cannot get through that movie. Out of all of those I only like LOTR and Harry Potter. And your user name used to be one of my favorite songs.

Best Answer

A Clockwork Orange is a truly amazing film, nobody can deny that... Even if you may not like what it entails, its a work of art.

Best Answer

Just because it's art doesn't mean I have to like it. You can take a photo of a diseased penis and call it art, and some dumb ***** will act like they love it just because you titled it. Doesn't make it great.

Best Answer

It was amazing for what it was representing back in the 70's. The 70's was a time for massive change in the UK, we had flower power, increase of criminal activity. The older generation were becoming very afraid of youth culture and A Clockwork Orange takes that theme into a huge extremity which to me is beautiful through its disgusting nature.

Best Answer

Well then maybe that's the issue. I am neither British, nor can I truly appreciate the 70's for what they were. That and I don't like watching artsy movies. I read for that.

Best Answer

I can respect that. If its not your thing then its not your thing, but it fascinates me which probably why I love it so much. But i've watched films with college and on first viewing I don't think the film was that great, but after exploring and analyzing it, it makes me fully understand and appreciate what the film is really about. A lot of films aren't too obvious and for that matter can be misinterpreted.

Best Answer

I don't even like most American movies, so it's really a taste thing. In fact I think I prefer poorly made films just for their comic quality. Try Max Magician and The Legend of The Rings. HILARIOUS,

Best Answer

Aye the poor quality ones are better than most high budget comedies even if they're not meant to be funny.

Best Answer

Could be the case, but my mom loved it. Although she's 56 so that was her time.

Best Answer

Understandable and yes it is more about the fear of male youth and it was portrayed through extreme themes in a theatrical way. It was way ahead of its time back then and is still too much for some today, which is quite remarkable.

Best Answer

a little bit more mature, at least insofar as one can generalize

Best Answer

To some extent I know what you mean. One big thing I notice most often is the use of lighting. Most American films use very high-key lighting whereas British films have a much grey-ish look to them.

Best Answer

lol are you really that hypnotized by the accent? Brits are just as dumb as us

Best Answer

US films tend to be more flashy and simplistic - it's part of their naive optimism [which isn't an entirely bad thing btw]

Best Answer

i realize i'm generalizing, but Hollywood has been to cinema what the airbrush is to painting

Best Answer

I'm not a big fan of British films sorry the accent annoys me

Best Answer

Examples please :)

Best Answer

it's too late for that try again in the morning

Best Answer

Ok. But one of the things about British film is that a lot of films use settings to an extreme effect because they try hard to make it British. And with settings like London, Liverpool, Manchester (the most common locations) they are known for their accents.

Best Answer