What I mean by this is two partners who are in a relationship but consent to their partner having carnal relations with a third party.
FlattertoDeceive FlattertoDeceive 18-21, M 26 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Not to debate your definition of "open-relationship" but the only couples I know who call their relationship "open" are very much in love with their secondary partners. It isn't purely physical. Swingers have non-emotional partners. Poly couples seek love and affection.

More than semantics, the differences are huge in how they affect your primary relationship. In one, there is only one love and other bodies are brought in to expand the physical realm. In the other, there is the shared admission that parties are capable of more than one love simultaneously.

Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

They're not real relationships.

Best Answer

For me, that's dating, not a relationship.

Best Answer

That used to be called not going steady, & so a mutual agreement would have to be met. Honesty is always best.

Best Answer

aint my thang

Best Answer

extremely stupid

Best Answer

I find it works well for me and my girlfriend, we are basically best friends who share everything but we both enjoy other things sexually. It helps that we do most things together, I love her to pieces and that is reciprocated but we both like to explore other sexual things but usually together. Hope this helps, honesty is vital in such a relationship

Best Answer

I agree with majority of the answers on here. As long as it is ok with every one in the relationship. I am in an open relationship, and my only rule is as long as my loves tell me what's going on and are completely honest.

Don't say I'm just being experimental because I'm 'young' or 'just trying to figure myself out' or something like that.

Best Answer

Fine for others I suppose.

Best Answer

So basically..you want the stability of a relationship while being about to sleep around? No, just..why bother? The whole point of a relationship is to remain loyal to one person that you may want to marry.

Best Answer

I've know a few people who claim it works well for them but It would never work for my hubs and I.....We like the bond we have with being exclusive!!

Best Answer

I started to see this guy then later found out he had a girlfriend. he said she "didn't care if he screwed around as long as she didn't know about it" but strange enough she hated it being called an open relationship. Being apart of that, it felt unfair and frustrating. To me an open relationship just seems like a lie you use when things are falling apart and neither person wants to deal with it.

Best Answer

I am talking about a serious healthy relationship where both partners consent to it, do you know what I mean ?

Best Answer

I personally couldn't do it, but if they can ok cool-go for it.

Best Answer

So, the guy who was using it as an excuse for sex - who also lied to you and his girlfriend - completely jaded what WE'RE talking about here - something that has nothing to do with what he was playing at.

Best Answer

For slutss.

Best Answer

It is fun to be a man **** haha

Best Answer

Yea, that was gonna be my first answer, lol! "For men."

Best Answer

Hahah nice.

Best Answer

They never work long term. It's usually only "open" for one person.

Best Answer

"never" hmmm? I doubt that.

Best Answer

Going back to the seventies, I knew of several. None are still in existence; and they all ended badly. I don't think it's normal or natural to share in this way. Someone always gets hurt.

Best Answer

That sounds very true, I think there should be a place where the person who asks should be able to develop an answer based on feedback.

Best Answer

Just like relationships that aren't open, communication is the key. Lay down good ground rules, and if either partner is too jealous to maintain, shut it down.

Best Answer

NO F'ING WAY! , not for me anyway.

Best Answer

if everyone is ok with it, then its ok. As long as you have open communication and understanding, then you can do whatever you want with your relationship.

Best Answer