Long or short term? On short term trading, never hold anything for more than a 7-8% loss, it gets there, you bail.<br />
Long term, I tend to invest in stuff I know a lot about (PMs predominate) or that I've done a good deal of due dilligence in. <br />
Look up William O'Neil's CAN SLIM principle, it's pretty bullet proof if followed with discipline.

Best Answer

Nothing is quite bullet proof, I've never heard of him. What are the highlights of the strategy? And what are PMs - didn't pick up on the acronym...

Best Answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_SLIM
Good link, comment note it blew the doors off the S&amp;P 500 for the period 1998 to 2008 (1351% return versus 6% loss for S&amp;P)
PMs are Precious Metals. I generally stick to gold/silver. I averaged ~30 or so percent a year since 2003. Granted, inflation adjusted, it's essentially making maybe 20% of that, but it's wealth preservation that is the PMs primary value.

Best Answer

my stock investment totally relies on watering, feeding my hens..i want eggs. On a average day (except for winter) the return out weighs the cost.,,Plus i get free entertainment. that's my stock portfolio.

Best Answer

Really? So you're a farmer? Interesting. Farming is a big business if you're one of the big players. So you've never thought about equity investments? And please do tell more if you really are a farmer...

Best Answer

does 4 hens count as a farmer? got you : )

Best Answer

Lol. So I take it you don't invest...?

Best Answer