well, it used to be women and people of colour; the current trend is homosexuals since it is no longer politically correct to put people down for gender or race. <br />
I wonder who the next target group witll be? cat owners maybe?

Best Answer

I, for one, don't feel it's acceptable. I don't understand why we do this. I don't even want to understand it. I don't even want to think about the hurts we pile on others (families of the targets included) when it could be avoided.

Best Answer

Who cares? I'm bisexual and wear women's panties, so what? Make fun of me all you want, people get made fun of all the time for othernthings and they don't **** their pants over it. I think I hear jokes about white guys probably 10 to 1 over gay jokes or any other group. Saying it to someone's face is where I have a problem with it, but jokes behind people's backs are a fact of life. <br />
I say this as my opinion only and understand and appreciate your strong feelings and defense of your brother, just don't kick my *** over it! Have a good day, bud.

Best Answer

I just feel that it goes much further than stereotypical jest.

Best Answer

You can tell them you have someone gay on your family and ask them to stop, but I think it wouldn't be worth the constant fight you'd have being that defensive. Half of these guys cracking jokes are probably do so out of guilt for feeling attracted to guys themselves.

Best Answer

I'm not defending my family I'm defending decent human behavior. The fact that anyone feels guilt for who they are is a problem.

Best Answer

Well, if u feel strong enough about it I suppose u have to do what u have to do, good luck and take care

Best Answer

I could not agree with with you mate.

Best Answer

Huh?

Best Answer

I hate that it's so acceptable to use derogatory terms like that as well.

Best Answer

The "with with" threw me off.

Best Answer

Grrr. Sorry, didn't realize I had done that. :-) It's called sleep deprivation.

Best Answer

People like to joke about things that make them uncomfortable.

Best Answer

I think it's deeper than that. I think a lot of people find it acceptable to belittle gays or tolerate that behavior in others without question.

Best Answer

Yes there are some people who are just plain mean.

Best Answer