meme111111 meme111111 36-40, M 6 Answers Sep 2 in Parenting & Family

depending on mood.... i either go thru and logically lead him with questions into realizing that his ideas have absolutely NO logic whatsoever and make no sense, and then show him how my way makes sense..... or just say... i'm older and smarter than you... so just shut up and listen... *grins*

Best Answer

Im usually the latter of that....lol

Best Answer

lol... me too... but I have my good, patient moments on the weekends...;P

Best Answer

Be told you lil chit

Best Answer

Im rethinking having your children :P

Best Answer

Lol.

Best Answer

Shut up Meg.

Best Answer

By the time they hit middle school, they didn't question; they learned it was disrespectful.

Best Answer

Thats really good parenting on your part.

Best Answer

Well. They knew there when things open to discussion, I would ask "what are you giving up?"
I remember as teens, my older son had friends over and asked me something. I said, You know, I don't think so.
He returned to his friends and they were pushing him to ask why and he responded, If my mom thought it was possible, she would have told me so. And if she gets upset, y'all are gonna leave me while I deal with it.
So one of his friends offered to ask.
My son said something like, when she sends you home and you aren't allowed over, is it worth it?
I think setting parameters and expectations go a long way.

Best Answer

Well said, very respectful your son.

Best Answer

ThanQ. The boys are great :)

Best Answer

I go into graphic, disgusting details (that are not necessarily relevant) to illustrate the merits of my point. :)

Best Answer

Interesting

Best Answer

Because I said so?:)

Best Answer

I use that one too.

Best Answer