I don't understand the question.

Best Answer

I imagine the Christ to be middle-eastern looking, with a smallish beard, a slight smile. Holes in his hands and feet from the Sacrifice. <br />
In western society, he is White. No acknowledgment of culture there...

Best Answer

Wrong question!

Best Answer

If I understand you right, the mental image I have of Christ is a dude that looks a lot like Usama Bin Ladin , where as the picture you see in churches is this blue eyed northwestern European guy.

Best Answer

The choice is between the Christ of faith, which you rightly called "the mental image", and the self-portrait of Christ, which can be recovered from the Holy scriptures although long abandoned.

Best Answer

clear as... MUD!

Best Answer

Please clarify. Christ has not done a self portrait that I am aware of.<br />
If you are asking how similar he looks to the drawings and painting.. No one knows. I don't have or like anything that tries to depict Christ for this reason. I don't want to see 'some guy' and be made to think he is Christ. I never have.

Best Answer

Christ's self-portrait is found not in drawings and paintings but only in the scriptures.

Best Answer

I see what you are asking now. But still He didn't write any of the accounts we read in the bible. I can see how many would embellish and assume much of his personality since we don't know much about his personal life. I do the same. Personally I tent to see him as a strong man, not a feeble one as he is often portrayed.

Best Answer

"Self-Portrait" as in those paintings you see around all the time? That's an idol, the faith is spirituality in action. Short answer; None.

Best Answer

Jesus drew his!

Best Answer

Yes, he did.

Best Answer

the one of faith is blind. the one of self-portrait is one you find out about yourself. maybe the same one and maybe different!

Best Answer

?

Best Answer

The image you get from a religion is blind faith. The image you get in a relationship with Christ is your Faith or the self-portrsit. The two maybe the same or maybe way different.

Best Answer