soso95 soso95 16-17 9 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Community

It depends on what specifically you want to do. Psychotherapy? Testing? Guidance Counseling? Some people get a degree in Psychology, some in Sociology. I have a Masters in Counseling Psychology.

Best Answer

WOW, you're like my role model now O:) i wanna do Guidance Counseling. So, what do u do in your job?

Best Answer

LOL! That IS what I do! I'm a professional role model. I have my own runway and everything! ;-) I'm a psychotherapist specializing in anxiety disorders and trauma. "Specializing" just means that I work faster with them than my peers and get good results. I have always preferred Psychology over Sociology, but that's just me. Most of my peers are social workers. I trained with psychologists and interned in the Psychology dept. of a mental hospital.

Best Answer

I envy you! haha! Thats so interestinggg! so since ur very professional, could u recommend unis that provide such courses? in the middle east? or just elsewhere ? :D

Best Answer

I know nothing about universities in the Middle East. If I was to go to college for Psychology right now I guess my first choice would be Clark University in Massachusetts. An internet search would be your best resource.

Best Answer

Im researching at the moment, thanks a bunch :D

Best Answer

Psychology is a broad field so it would depend on what specialty of Psychology you wanted to work in for example do you want to counsel, teach, work for the State, go on to a PhD in clinical psychology or become a psychiatrist? Pick a minor that fits your ultimate goal.

Best Answer

Psychiatrists aren't even required to take psychology courses any more! Not for decades. A psychiatrist is a medical doctor who did an extra internship prescribing psychotropic drugs.

Best Answer

a psychiatrist and to counsel as well , i think thats what i really wana do, im just going through this time where i cant decide for sure, as it also depends on the unis and what they provide in the middle east.

Best Answer

advertizing

Best Answer

Thats actually quite interesting! :D

Best Answer

human services

Best Answer

Yeah, but i was looking for something a bit more professional :)

Best Answer

well if you want, you can also get your criminal justice degree and then go for a probation officer or counseling for criminals, something like that. human services helps get you a job within the counseling field

Best Answer

Thankss for this info :D

Best Answer

I chose applied psychology and criminology. It was a fantastic choice.

Best Answer

Lol, what sort of unis are you applying to? Don't they usually have a major called...psychology? If not, criminology, sociology and communications have some similar elements.

Best Answer

so all these majors could be found in medical unis, no? :)

Best Answer

Never heard of a medical uni. So I'm assuming you have a different system of schooling lol.

Best Answer

First aid ?

Best Answer

How is that related to psychology? :)

Best Answer

oh. sorry. How bout home eck ?

Best Answer

Looooool xD funny joke

Best Answer