Questionator Questionator 26-30 130 Answers Sep 16, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

A good teacher knows her student's needs, is competent in the subject he/she is teaching, treats students with respect and as human beings. Gets the students to be actively involved in the lessons, understands any learning problems the students might have and tries to help the student to understand more. Knows which method a student learns best, are they a see type, listening type, doing type etc. A good teacher uses the stronger students to help the weaker ones thus giving the stronger student a feeling of responsibility and competence while the weaker one is getting extra attention. (do this in a diplomatic way of course.) A good teacher never embarrasses a student in front of the class or asks the student to do something above his or her level. A good teacher knows what it is like to be in the position of the student. A good teacher makes learning fun and explains things logically and clearly and encourages the students to ask questions. If the student hasn't understood first time then the teacher should have patience and explain again if necessary. A good teacher tries to keep the class as a team and not as a competition against each other. A good teacher motivates students. These are the things I try to do as an English teacher for adult foreign students, I hope I can fill my own criteria for a good teacher.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

If I had twenty votes, I'd give them all to you. This deserves best answer...

Best Answer

Wow, thank your very much for this comment. I really appreciate it. I would like to add you to my circle and your name is great too, grantmepeaceplease. If I could I would but for now I will say peace be upon you.

Best Answer

I wish i had U for a teacher..^^
kudo's to you .. when you said..(do this in a diplomatic way of course.) A good teacher never embarrasses a student in front of the class or asks the student to do something above his or her level. A good teacher knows what it is like to be in the position of the student.
That happened to me wayyyy to many times..."(
except.. I was the oppisite.. I was the smart one.. that wanted to learn.. I dont like teachers that try to make you look dumb.. because you like to Question them.

Best Answer

I encourage my students to ask questions and tell them there are no stupid questions only teachers who don't want to answer questions. I mean why is the teacher there? I think to answer the students questions as long as they are relevant to the subject being taught. From my students questions I learn too. By asking questions you learn more and are more active in the lesson. I prefer lessons with dialogue and not just the teacher talking for half an hour bla bla bla.

Best Answer

love your answer.

Best Answer

Thank you I appreciate your comment. May God bless you.

Best Answer

I have taught and I have been a student. I think you've just about covered everything!

Best Answer

Thank you. I hope I covered everything too. What did you teach? I only teach English to adult foreigners but sometimes I give extra curriculum lessons to school children.

Best Answer

I agree with you wholeheartedly, and hope I can live up. I just became a teacher of English for foreign students (elementary school). I love the job, even though I have trouble sleeping from the pressure I'm under at the moment. Surprisingly, the worst part about the job has nothing to do with teaching or students. It's the fact that everybody in the school seems to act as if this wasn't my first job (ever, of all time), even though they know it is. Imagine having the principal walk up to you and tell you you have to hand in some files, and that the deadline is in just two or three days. Everybody knew about it, and the deadline for quite some time. All except me. It happens a lot these days.

Best Answer

The only advice I can give you here is stay calm and relaxed. You can only do what you know. Make sure that you know what you have to do and find out if about deadlines for things. Why did everyone else know and you didn't? I hope you are not being a victim of mobbing. I make teaching English fun, but I am teaching at a private language school and adults are much easier to teach than children. I wish you success and hope everything goes according to plan.

Best Answer

What she said...

Best Answer

her students' needs!

Best Answer

a good teacher is dedicated and knows what they are teaching and has a passion for it. a good teacher can keep the class interested and helps them work and learn together. a good teacher puts the kids first and can deal with bureaucracy that may interfere with learning. a good teacher is a rare bird.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

A good teacher will criticize you positively, will encourage you often, and show you ways to learn and excel in ways you never thought of before. They will leave a footprint on your thinking process.

Best Answer

A person who teaches learning not repetition and memorizing.

Best Answer

Someone who has the patient with kids; and has the patient to teach them even if they don't get the subject right away. <br />
Someone who stops kids from teasing or bullying others in class.<br />
A teacher who tries to help kids with their self-esteem by finding what talent and skills they have; and show them that their true colours are what counts

Best Answer

1.never yells unless needed to<br />
2.nice and makes sure to help you<br />
3.stop rude people from bullying <br />
4.understands your problems<br />
5.has a good eduction and continous updating new informtion <br />
im homeschooled ok?

Best Answer

Someone who loves what they do and is patient and innovative in how they teach.

Best Answer

Making things to learn alive and important

Best Answer

The same things that make a good person. Compassion, acceptance, patience, and motivation.

Best Answer

A passion for learning and passing on knowledge. Patience and a gift for explaining information. I teach piano and it's very enjoyable.

Best Answer

One that is very knowledgeable in the study they are teaching in, responsive, and is able to be patient with unruly students. She/He must be strict, yet fair. I think though, one of the biggest things that makes or breaks a teacher is her ability to relate/ form a relationship with his/her students. If you think about it, the teacher and the students will be seeing each other several days a week for many months. If He/She is unable to for a good relationship with her students, then that severely impacts the learning process. Students become unresponsive because they do not like their teacher. I have seen this countless times, having a few teachers like that myself. I recall though one year I had a wonderful teach whom all of us in the class adored, and my grades that year were some of the best that I can remember because I didn't feel any resentment towards my teacher. I enjoyed learning.

Best Answer

A good teacher will teach the TRUTH..not some form of trash and call it truth.<br />
A good teacher will LISTEN to his/her students.. and see both sides of a story.<br />
A good teacher will STOP any one who Bullys another.<br />
A good teacher will always take the TIME to LISTEN to you .. and not push you off.<br />
A good teacher doesnt have a PET student.. and teaches equally.<br />
A good teacher will spot a student with a weakness in study.. and encourage that student with respect and digitiny.<br />
A good teacher will Never Ever use one student to make an example to a class when it comes to disipline.<br />
I never had any of these kind of teachers growin up...."(<br />
What I learned.. I learn on my own.. through books and couriousity....")<br />
I had a nightmare for a School.. and way to Political for kids to deal with...

Best Answer

Confidence, love of learning, presentation skills, compassion, sense of humour, passion for the job and conflict management skills!

Best Answer

A good teacher always has fun! There's a sign in my school and it says<br />
Kids learn<br />
10% of what they READ<br />
25% of what they WRITE<br />
50% of what they HEAR <br />
90% of what they DO<br />
Yea, its something like that!

Best Answer

I think the percentages might be a bit mixed up, but it looks right. Maybe 10% of what they hear, 25% of what they read, 50% of what they write, and 90% of what they do. That seems more likely. Unless what they hear is put to music, most of it will go in one ear, and out the other very quickly. LOL. We learn lyrics so quickly and well, and rarely forget them, no matter how many years go by, but get someone to read us a story, and before the story is over, we have forgotten how it began.

Best Answer

That needs to be taken to the Administrators and the School Boards. They need to recite it before every meeting, made to write a hundred times a day or something. I WAS a teacher. But it seems as if the trend in education, mandated by the school boards is, "Shove the kid's face in a book, keep it there until they read and complete tests well. They can't read? MORE focus on books!" I tried to have kids DOING things. Quite probably a large part of why "I am not meeting the needs of the children" That's why I'm going back to being an engineer.

Best Answer

one that can bond with all the students to make a friendship relationship rather than a teacher-student relationship

Best Answer

One who inspires their students to want to do well in school and in life. A teacher is a role model and should, at all times, behave as one.

Best Answer

patience

Best Answer

someone who conveys information with conviction and enthusiasm using their skills to best advantage had a great history teacher who was also an artist. he drew pictures as he lectured his material --grade seven. 12 year olds were spell bound by history--didn't happen again after that year. remember a lot --he made it exciting and memorable.

Best Answer

A good teacher is one that knows how to deal with children. Not just teach them but also get them to open up about thier feelings. One that also knows how to deal with the slow learners. A good teacher needs to understand the child and give them the help they need. Alot of this depends on what grades the teacher is teaching. Like a parent needs to know every age difference needs different things. The beginning and the ending grades are the most important. the middle you just need to keep them on track. The beginning you mode them and the end you need to get them ready for life.Teachers are so important to our children. A good teacher can make a child and a poor teacher can ruin thier future.

Best Answer

A good teacher helps you really learn, not just pass the class and exams. A good teacher becomes part of your family.

Best Answer