I am starting a new position on Monday as a team leader for 12 pre-closers at a life insurance company and I am looking for some feedback on what makes a good leader...any experience or thoughts would be appreciated :) What was your favorite manager or boss like, what made them that to you? What was your worst manager or boss like...where did they fail?
Jennbegood Jennbegood 31-35, F 6 Answers Oct 4, 2012 in Hobbies

When I was training TMs, I made each of them give person on their team one sincere compliment a day. Make people feel good. When people need more training, begin first by praising what they do right and then suggest the needed info to make them better. People are usually aware when they fail. They need support and encouragement to become better. Building people up will not only improve performance, it will create an atmosphere inw hich people will want to perform. Attitude is more important than any thing that is done. TMs who realize their job is to support the people doing the work so they can work easier and better get the most from their teams.

Best Answer

smiles that are not fake, dont be scared to get your hands durty when they are behind or having difficulties, dont pass the stress down the lader, Make sure that the employees are getting bonuses when the higher ups are getting them. Make sure that if somone is tranning someone the trainnee is not getting more pay than the person training them, if possible at least do temporary pay adjustments durring the trainning or something. Be fair to all workers and dont show to much favoritism. dont compaior one worker with another may cause the two to be spitefull. Im sure you have no control over the pay but I know many people to have quite and or fight because of some of it

Best Answer

Great question.<br />
I think being a good leader has changed over the years and really depends on your team. I have had several teams over the last few years and they are all motivated differently. I have had some that work best when we were all "just friends", some that wanted very clear direction with no room to think, and some that just liked a lunch every now and then. You have to learn your team and do what's best.<br />
My type of boss is someone who let's me have freedom, and solve my own problems. Let's me be my voice, instead of interpreting for me.<br />
My worst managers were micro-managers, or managers afraid of being overtaken. They failed in not cultivating me or my peers to be better then we were.

Best Answer

Fav oite manager and I are still friends-close to 3o years. Even if things were bad enuff to quit-she hired me back 3 TIMES-COMING TO MY NEW OB WITH OUR DISTRICT MANAGER TO GET ME back. Always made me feel better. We also had fun in and out of work-worse boss was at a hospital I worked at. he was in his 30's he would embarrass me in front of co-wor bkers and patients,

Best Answer

Money. Money is the only real way to motivate workers.

Best Answer