everton13 everton13 46-50, F 17 Answers Jul 16, 2009

Okay: just my two cents here...<br />
In my opinion, it has NOTHING to do with the availability/unavailability of willing sexual partners. People will commit rape even when they have a normal, active sex-life. I also don't think rapists are created simply by exposure to sexist or violent **** (although they possibly gravitate towards it of their own free will). Rapists exist in sexist and non-sexist cultures alike - which would also tend to indicate that this is not something which is created by any sort of emasculating force in society. This isn't a state of mind that normal men will come to if they are simply socially awkward and unable to get sex.<br />
From my experience, rape is about trying to quench some sort of internal insecurity within the rapist. They wish to frighten, possess and control someone because they are afraid themselves - and they blame others for their own fears as well as their subsequent actions. Rapists tend to lack any sense of personal responsibility (or feelings of guilt) about their crimes. They blame the victim. They blame society. They're often incredibly narcissistic - and therefore they don't believe that there's anything wrong in taking out their sense of (forgive me) impotent anger on other people. The world revolves around them anyway. They can lack any genuine sense of empathy. Nobody else is really human to them.<br />
Could you take an infant and (through a strict regime of psychological torture) turn them into a rapist? Undoubtedly. Plenty of "normal" people have gone in that direction after a prolonged de-sensitization to violence.<br />
But does saying "no" to a man mean that he will feel the need to rape you?... No.<br />
At least, I hope not... :/

Best Answer

If he rapes someone.

Best Answer

Nothing makes them become a rapists, they love what they do. I was raped a year ago ,I wanted to be with him, you have no idea they will do this until it too late. they is no way a 107 pd woman can get a 6 foot man off her, it is like dead weight. most rapes are "CONSENUAL", that means you cant prosecute. That is how they trick you in the first place. very few are strangers. they get you alone, and "force "there organ into yours. they just love to hurt people and want to pass there anger and power into there victims. they are usually good looking men who are so full of themselves, The athlete who everyone looks up to,the smart *** who pushes people around.

Best Answer

My theory is that when a man is denied sex by more than one ortwo women, he begins to become a misogonist and it escalats into a desire to cause pain to someone. but I only lack 12 years of college to be a real doctor so "grain of salt' applies

Best Answer

I don't think availability of sex has to do with it, not simply. There are casual rapists who live on college campuses and feel entitled to sex because the culture has taught them that they are so entitled; and there are violent predators out there who stalk women and have the need to dominate, if not injure, them. You can't separate the violence from the sex; obviously, the go together in this crime. But I think that the serial rapist who attacks strangers has deep psychological and emotional issues that he acts out in this way, even though he may have a regular girlfriend. (I'd have to research the "regular girlfriend" part, but I think that is accurate.) The vast majority of men who don't have healthy sexual outlets or relationships do not rape. I think it has to do with deeply rooted feelings of powerlessness.

Best Answer

A hatred of women, a lack of emotions,psychological reasons I would guess.

Best Answer

I tend to agree with OldGroupiesNeverDie It's not about society etc there is something very wrong with thease people. I"m not sure if a normal person would become a rapeist if desensitized to violence though I lean in the direction that they were ****** in the head before they were desensitized.

Best Answer

The same things which makes men commit other horrible crimes. There's no excuse! Hello! AP

Best Answer

Men, especially young men, whose libidos are at the higher end on the 'bell curve' find considerable difficulty at controlling their sexual urges and are constantly plagued by them and well into late life. If they also happen to be dominant and physically muscular some women will find the experience overwhelming while others welcome it. Many rapists have no other criminal record but there are a few criminal types who also happen to be rapist. Until recently only males could be indicted for rape but society has become wiser. Some women seek sex for vindictiveness (mainly to other females) or for compensatory reasons connected to their damaged self-esteem.

Best Answer

someone who didnt have a present father or healthy relationship causing him to form a close bond with mother that escalated into repressed sexual desire, who later in life craves but is unable to attain female companionship/intimacy causing him to develop hatred toward women which makes him want to hurt them(take by force).......well this is what alot of psychiartists beleive

Best Answer

desperation caused by lack of satisfactory sex (if any)<br />
most are unable to deal with a woman face to face, see the women as too strong (psychically) so the only way they see is to overcome them physically.

Best Answer

IMHO men don't become rapists. When boys don't learn to respect girls/women as equals and even worse when they are taught that cruelty is acceptable, these same boys grow up to do bad things like rape women.

Best Answer

I think almost all men are perfectly normal creatures - I don't think if a woman made it known the answer was no, that many would actually persue the sexual experience.<br />
If a man does pursue, when the woman (or man) has said no, or has indicated no in her responses, then that means the man has raped, he is now a rapist, and as he has such disregard of that other person's wishes, he could rape again.

Best Answer

Raping?

Best Answer

Because they want to fulfil their selfish lust.

Best Answer