It is my understanding that a belief in Jesus Christ as a God and savior is what makes one a Christian

Best Answer

if it is just the belief then when one believes in christ and do not have the values dose it make him a christian?

Best Answer

Belief is where it starts. If you believe in Jesus and accept Him as God and Savior then it is natural that one would follow His teachings. He teaches to "Love your enemies" and many other challenges that I as a mere human being have an incredibly hard time living up to that example.

Best Answer

The values, the Faith, the confidence in Him. Believing in Him, waiting on Him, trusting Him has helped me, and going to church is help for me to not lose my faith, besides I enjoy it. But christianity, It starts inside you, in your heart, not outside.

Best Answer

IGNORANCE

Best Answer

The values, absolutely. Going to church means nothing if you don't have the values.

Best Answer

values, obviously.

Best Answer

What makes you Christian is what you do when no one is watching. My husband and his girlfriend (they were seeing each other before we split up) are going to church now, but he is still married, they are living together, he lied on the divorce paperwork. If you are still breaking the commandments, does God forgive you? Or does he wait until you realize you are doing wrong, stop it and then ask for forgiveness? To outsiders, they are a nice couple because they do not know any of the background. Does that make them Christian?

Best Answer

not either one - you will be saved, if you honestly say, "Jesus is Lord," and if you believe with all your heart that God raised him from death. the values change later, and some Christians want to go to church as well.

Best Answer

blah blah blah

Best Answer

are you speaking in tongues? WTG

Best Answer

Going to church makes one no more a Christian than going to a McDonalds makes one a hamburger. A true Christian is one who follows and obeys Jesus Christ. Christian means “Christ like”.

Best Answer

Intentionally choosing to trust and to follow Jesus Christ. Some of us do this better than others, but God looks at the heart more than the outcome.

Best Answer