I don't mean being a 'free spirit', or just enjoying life. Of course not. You know what I mean.
fascad3 fascad3 36-40, M 33 Answers Mar 26, 2010

Many of us , particularly if we`ve had rough childhoods , have a natural feeling of growing up too fast . As if there was some gaping " incompleteness " in our childhoods . Alternatively ,someone might feel he/she was not a " good enough kid " during actual childhood and therefore may act like an " idealized big kid " as an adult . And ofcourse , abuse and neglect may also play a major role in stunting an individual`s intellectual and emotional growth . Drugs and alcohol also tend to have a negative effect on the brain resulting in immaturity of a less than idyllic quality .

Best Answer

Well I can Assure you it is not what KittenhasaWhip Suggested ...... <br />
"Well they could have a low I.Q. and not know any better, but my view is they are emotionally stunted, immature and very spoiled. Used to getting their own way perhaps and very manipultive too. I suspect they have never had to deal with the consequences".<br />
I regard myself as Stupid quite a lot, but it is nice to know now, I am not Alone...hee hee !!<br />
A low IQ...i can go with that....emotionally stunted...maybe, aren't we all ?...immature..got to be yes'<br />
spoiled..NO...used to getting my own way..No Way......very Manipulative(you suspect) and never had to deal with consequences....a complete joke'<br />
Just goes to show what an IQ can do for you......don't know everything !!! especially people<br />
You are probably all sick of hearing the "I Was Abused" story, i am sick of it myself for that matter,but just for kittenhasawhip's benefit, I was Abused (sexually) at a very early age, and i am pretty sure that would stunt a lot of us emotionally and lead to an immaturity, also losing both my parents at an early age, and maybe the difficulty of being Intersex did not help either, so as for being spoiled, you can write than one of for a start.....<br />
Oh' how rude of me, I was forgetting that with these things i was just getting My Own Way, and i Manipulated my Abusers into doing what they did to me.....and last but not least....I' and many others, live with Consequence's that these Clever people put there, yes clever....most of them have a high IQ, high enough to know who to target..ie: ones like myself low IQ......<br />
I "Deal" with those Consequences everyday......<br />
Maybe, there is some truth in the little saying...The Higher The IQ ....The Thicker You Are...mmm I Wonder.....maybe some intelligent person could answer that one.....Me' I'm Just, Spoilt, Manipulative, oh' and get my own way....but at least I don't have a Whip.......!!!

Best Answer

same here.often act like a child but this "They know their mind is damaged and so they behave how they feel his fair by how they were treated and their mind destroyed" is a lie.. how'd i get to become a CSR w/ a destroyed mind.has a lot of consequences too

Best Answer

Hi fascade<br />
Stress. As the adult personality collapses the child takes over. We revert to earlier programming all the way back to a baby!<br />
:)

Best Answer

I've read all the answers here, and although there are people who choose to act in a childish manner, I did not see any responses that deal with the real life condition where people regress to a younger state (mentally) and it is completely out of his or her control. My, 41 yr. old, wife has a condition called Regressive Dissocative Fugue where she becomes herself anywhere between the ages of 5 and 9 years old. It lasts for anywhere between a few hours and up to 21 days at the longest. It is the result of early childhood tragedy and her brain's inability to process, and move on from, the horrific events that have now scarred her for life. We are going to therapy, but we have only found 1 person (the woman who diagnosed her) who has ever had any prior experience with this, so the therapy is more of an opportunity for her to try to cope with this. It's terrible. When she regresses, our 12 yr old son is, actually, older than she is. We've been dealing with this for years now so, unfortunately, he has gotten sort of used to it. I don't even want to know how this is going to affect him later in life...this is not something a child should have to see happen to his mother.<br />
I see this is a very old post, so I don't know if anyone will ever read my response, but if you have any helpful information about someone else who has or treats this, Please-Please-Please leave another response here. I am going to enter my edress and should be notified when that happens. I know more about this condition than most people, so I'm not looking for cut-and-paste definitions, I'm searching for someone who can help. Thank you for your time everyone.

Best Answer

Hello Scoundrl, after reading your post, I felt the need to respond to your write.
Indeed, I'd feel saddened in your situation especially if unsure what to do.
I do believe there is help for you. It is at hand's reach. However, you have to be very open-minded about this kind of therapy.
Now, you might not have heard of it or may be very skeptical about it, but if it helped cure my loved ones, I wouldn't push it aside.
I suggest you go to a hypnotherapist, preferably one who is quite experienced in this field and get your wife to sessions. They are called "Hypnotic regressions". The therapist will regress your wife to the core of the problem, because you need to get to the source of the issue - the WHY of her Behaviour. And Yes, it is psychological. You can sit in with her during and watch and I suggest you get her to do a few sessions to clear out deep-seated issues underlying. There is probably a block there that needs releasing.
It's like a person trapped inside and being held back due to trauma experience. A few sessions depending on how deep the trauma is. But you both will notice a difference straight away, especially her.
If you would like to research on this therapy, it would be good to. Google and read up if you feel you would like to familiarize yourself with this therapy, and when you are ready, go. But don't leave it too long.

Best Answer

This is not an answer I have to share, but my experience with a similar childlike adult and their upbringing. <br />
First let me say I believe the behavior steps from neglect with comes from dysfunctional parenting. The reason I believe this is because I had a ex-boyfriend (who I live with him & his family), a prior ex*boyfriend, a close friend (12 yrs), my father and 2 other people in my life that all had the same childlike behavior as described in this topic. I analize each of them closely as long as I known them and ask questions to all the mothers on different occasions about their past. I noticed they all were deep in the back of their mind are getting back at their neglectful parent. Each had a mother who spoiled them like babys when they were all grown men. Each mother was making up for their poor parenting they gave them and each son is taking advantage of this because deep down they all feel bitter for being robbed of what their iq could have been, had they had proper guidence. When they say a child early years are most crucial in developing their minds, they should stress that fact more cause its true. when they say you can't blame parents when your adults, they were wrong, because the parents robbed the children of what could have been a real life and no way to go back and change it. The adults who act childish are being childish but in a bitter and spiteful way to express their angry. They know their mind is damaged and so they behave how they feel his fair by how they were treated and their mind destroyed.

Best Answer

Some may act like children if they have a significant loss of their own childhood. therefore they try to compensate for what they had lost in their childhood. Others may have been too spoiled and so they think that they can drag that ''disorder'' into their adult life.

Best Answer

I know this is probably not what you expected, but there are many people out there that revert all the way back to acting in a childish manner for psychosexual reasons. I'm one of them. In all other aspects of my life, I'm 100%+ adult, but my mind goes to a baby place (told you!) whenever given the chance to revert back. This is not to say that I want to be a baby again, but it is a fantasy that roars through my brain nearly constantly, and has for 50+ years. And, yes, for those that are going to ask, how could I have that fantasy if I didn't dress the part, so I'll state right here that I do wear diapers to sort of achieve acting like a baby again. You can call it acting like a toddler, or acting like a baby, or whatever, but this is something that started in me (age 2-4) long before I knew what regression was all about, and it just never left me. <br />
For those that would chime in right now that I suffer from low self esteem, or that I'm being irresponsible, or that I've lost touch with reality, I'd say that you'd need to walk in my shoes to know what this feeling is all about. As an adjunct to the fantasy that "acting childlike" and wearing diapers gives, I'd have to say that I've become much more of an adult "diaper lover" or DL in real life, since we all know we can never really go all the way back, right? Wearing diapers at any partiuclar time gives me a partiuclar satisfaction that I can't explain to the uninitiated. I use them for peeing when I feel the need, and sometimes just for the fun & convenience (you all know about those long lines at the baseball game, right???). I will say, I rarely, if ever, use them for soiling myself. That is a step that others in this fetish take, but it's not my cup of tea. It smells, and you can get rashy in a heartbeat.<br />
So, I know your question was just about "adults that act like children", but here's an lifelong experience in how I learned to allow myself this one liberty, and it has much to do with dealing with everyday stress and life issues. Other's might act out like the one father that messes up the kitchen, and leaves it for others to clean up. And, no it's not an outrage to act CHILDLIKE, it's an outrage to act CHILDISH. There's a big difference. And, no, it's not low sef esteem or IQ. It's taking the reigns and doing something that eases the stresses this world is heaping upon us, and it's just taking a different form than most people choose. <br />
Hope you understand I had to to coment on this one...

Best Answer

It's an outrage.:)

Best Answer

I'm convinced it's the WORM in the Tequila bottle.

Best Answer

Due to neglect / abuse in childhood the prefrontal cortex does not fully develop. When a child turns 14 / 15 there is a reversion to childhood behavior because the mind can't handle the stress and anxiety.

Best Answer

Hi facade I can assure you it is exactly what koyptakh suggested.<br />
"stress. As the adult personality collapses the child takes over. We revert to earlier programming all the way back to a baby!"<br />
Personality disorder is an inability to process fear/stress in an advanced mature manner. Acting like a child is exactly what people do when they are unable to mature emotionally.

Best Answer

I've been wondering if it's time to leave. I read you'r posts, thank you for helping me with my question. I'm going to the Azores now. the end of the world, far away from all the manbaby's & shrieking X trophy wifes.. good luck.

Best Answer

Due to abuse / neglect in childhood the prefrontal cortex does not fully develop. This causes a reversion to childhood behavior at age 14. The reversion is due to stress and anxiety and manifests itself as a "I don't care" behavior to relieve the stress and anxiety being felt.

Best Answer

Most people seem to be addressing the psychobable excuse I think that may be part of the problem. For Years people have lived with a moral community which everyone knew what to expect of everyone else. Religion played a strong anchor for what is sacred/profane, moral/immoral etc. All of sudden these topics began to be challenged yet people still held on to the moral teachings without acknowledging any source. Then newer generations took it a step furthur by realizing if you don't have a source for your morality then what is the point of following a code in which the origen is considered false. When Religious Authority is weak in a nation secular authority tends to fill in the gap since most people want someone to listen to even if it's the wrong people. Since secularism is not ba<x>sed on any tennants or comandments but tends to change rapidly year by year people over time start to become bewildered when things which were once morally shameful are now considered to be just fine and vice versa things considered to be morally good are now immoral according to the politicians in power. Add television, public education, radio, and secular publishers who only allow politically correct books to the equation and you have been classically conditioned to believe that whatever is being told to you at this moment is good or bad ba<x>sed on political opinion. What then happens to people is they see a newer generation that does things all wrong since older people tend to remember their political value system while younger people accuse elderly people as being stupid and backwards. This seems to be my observation on this issue.

Best Answer

^^ Thats not very nice now is it? i think not. (this is for the person above me)

Best Answer

Power.

Best Answer

Life is a circle. After one round you are back to the same place. So in real you have actually not changed, its just your experiences of life which make you do things that way....<br />
So when nothing rationale happens, you tend to apply your phase one behavior into it....that is childish...and by rationale i mean "what one thinks as rationale'

Best Answer

No, i don't know what you mean. I see adults being careless when they should care, I see adults being dependent when they should cope.<br />
Every education is faulty, so under some circumstances we lose our dignity, or our bravery.

Best Answer

Irresponsibility, identity crisis, selfishness...

Best Answer

Liquor

Best Answer