You hear men say all the time "Wow that chick is so hot!" Other times, you will hear them say a girl is cute or pretty. What about a womans looks determine what category she is placed in by men? I think a 'hot' woman might dress more provocativley and have a great body as opposed to her face. I have definetly heard guys call 'butterfaces' hot and I didn't get it... and a pretty girl might be more down to earth and have a better face as opposed to her body? Guys what do you think?
lovesfun21 lovesfun21 18-21, F 22 Answers Oct 3, 2009

Pretty means I acknowledge she is technically attractive. Hot means she's having an effect on me.

Best Answer

If a guy calls me hot, I would guess he is looking for action, if he says I am pretty he might take me to dinner first...

;)

Best Answer

I had to go look up wtf a 'butterface' was. Ouch.

Best Answer

I'm a girl but I think that someone who is referred to as " hot " has just got a good body, and they might have the most dull face ever. Someone who is pretty will always have my vote. But if someone has the best of both worlds, lucky them.

Best Answer

Every girl has her own personal magnetism.

It is unique to her.

The girl across the street is not objectively pretty but she her

particular combo makes her magnetic to me.

So "hot" means "magnetic to me," an individual onlooker, and pretty the general view of onlookers.

Best Answer

Well this is how I have noticed things: If a girl is hot then that means a guy would want to just get with her.

If a girl is pretty then a guy may be into that girl and would want to get to know them

If a girl is beautiful then that means you see a girl who just looks amazing, has a great smile, eyes, hair and is just a girl that you would love to be with ( not so much in a sexual way) but when you have sex with a hot girl u bang, and if you have sex with a beautiful girl then you make love.

Just a though.....

Best Answer

The person whos looking, everyone has a different idea of what "hot" is.

Best Answer

I think Wirenut said it best. I can see plenty of pretty girls and just be like... meh. But if I see someone who I think is hot im like !!!!!

Best Answer

The hot ones have the ***** clothes and attitude the pretty ones you take home to mom and have a relatonship with

Best Answer

it is sensuality, it is not from looks but within.

can't explain exactly what that means, but can be displayed in so many ways many are imperceptible to the untrained eye.

a look, a manner of walk, of simple ability to be just close enough to stir the inner desires.

a passion, real that exist inside that can't be hidden

Best Answer

Mathematic's and pheromoans (cant spell..obviously)

Best Answer

Hot- a freak that you do, but doesn't meet the family. Think Angelina Jolie. Pretty- one that you respect and take home to meet momma. Think Charlize Theron.

Best Answer

I'm not a guy but I think you've answered your own question. "Hot" sounds sexy, got the "bod" and pretty is how she looks. Of course, some have it both. I'd rather be cute or pretty myself because it lasts longer. Cute sounds like it refers to her personality also. You didn't ask for my opinion.

Best Answer

to me.. a pretty girl has a nice face and great hair..... a hot girl has a nice face, great hair and a body that makes you drool

Best Answer