Brain chemistry. It is usually genitic.

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

Correct answer!!! ei

Best Answer

PTSD can look like bipolar, both have ups and downs...and can involve a really bad temper.

Best Answer

Definitely a yes.

Best Answer

Religion!

Best Answer

;) I have nothing against religion but sometimes, some people tend to get screwed up on many beliefs. Sometimes it is exageration.

Best Answer

It's a chemical imbalance. My sister's bipolar and so is my aunt... It's not pretty :/

Best Answer

Sorry about your sister and aunt.

Best Answer

PTSD can be a factor or so the doctors tell me that about my husband.

Best Answer

Ptsd & Bipolar symptoms resembles lots. A person can have either one or both. At first, I thought I was bipolar and it is nothing like me. Ptsd is me to a T. :(

Best Answer

Having an igloo at both poles. jk

Best Answer

;)

Best Answer

The Amygdala: its name is latin for almond which relates to its shape. It helps in storing and classifying emotionally charged memories. It plays a large role in producing our emotions, especially fear. It's been found to trigger responses to strong emotion such as sweaty palms, freezing, increased heart-beat/respiration and stress hormone release. Stress during development causes them to shrink. Underdeveloped, they no longer process stress properly and you suffer the effects of PTSD and bipolar. Child abuse victims commonly suffer from underdeveloped amygdala

Best Answer

I did not know this...you taught me something new, thank you.

Best Answer

Also, not every child abuse victims suffer from bipolar or ptsd.

Best Answer

Of course not-many have greater resiliance and escape scarring

Best Answer

Thank you, Princess Amygdala.
Personally, I'm in the hippo camp (us)...
The hippocampus, memory-processor of the brain, has been also shown to shrink in those with PTSD, and it seems (so far) that the smaller the structure is, the worse the PTSD. Dysfunction in both is involved.

Best Answer

Oh, and I will have to look up whether the amygdala shrinks in those who get adult-onset PTSD.

Best Answer

*curtsy* Lady Hippo- the more we know the better it feels- I cherish learning I'm not alone and it isn't my fault. Thank you

Best Answer

It has something to do with their limbic system.

Best Answer

Okay

Best Answer

So you know my wife and kids.

Best Answer

;)

Best Answer

people

Best Answer

Many people are bipolar. :(

Best Answer