Apart from the obvious being narrow mindedness. But what makes someone narrow minded?
angelicsmiles angelicsmiles 31-35, F 18 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Community

Many small things connected together and various reasons. Some are brought up as a child to think and believe a certain way and disregard everything els basicly. Some do it for self preservation, where the reality is too much they create a fantasy to live in to protect themself. So many just shallow minds also, but kinda cause of how society works. The less questions you ask the better, the less you think the better. Less and less people get to know themself really which is the biggest enemy when it comes to evil in the world really. You expand the mind through yourself, by embracing ideas, thoughts or even just meditating and take time for yourself and be alone with your thoughts. I think for example entertainment is a good example. If you watch movies/tv shows that make you think diffrent or deeper about things you naturally would do so. But in todays society mindless is most popular.

Best Answer

It amazes me how often no one recognizes the clarity of my argument and the correctness of my opinion. I'm right you know.

Best Answer

Lol... yes sure.

Best Answer

prejudice

Best Answer

Defenses. When you are up to no good you know to keep a good defense and part of that is rejecting anyone that might change your mind or call you out on your game.

Best Answer

interesting angle.

Best Answer

Self righteousness

Best Answer

Watching to much Fox (Faux) News!

Best Answer

Ignorance, old age, or how they were raised will do it.

Best Answer

old age? you young whippersnappers dagnabit!

Best Answer

I doubt its anything to do with age.

Best Answer

After years of living a certain way, some people do get very set in their ways and beliefs, but this isn't a universal trait. My mommom admits this is the case with her though.

Best Answer

My grandmother is one of the most broad minded people I know. :) Yes set in their ways, but open to ideas, and accepting other peoples opinions.

Best Answer

It`s simple really, their minds are narrow.

Best Answer

Yeah that much I know ... why are they narrow is the big qn. :)

Best Answer

We all have that tendency, it just depends on the topic. My mum is a tolerant, reasonable woman...except for her hatred of the US Democratic Party. I am pretty reasonable, but hearing about that Indian lady in Ireland who died because they wouldn't give her a DNC made me see red. Et cetera, et cetera.

Best Answer

Sorry. D&C, I meant.
LOLOL.

Best Answer

Thats different from being narrow minded though. Some things, there are just no arguments for, it just is. Like this lady who died in Ireland. Its just wrong.

Best Answer

Knowledge OR ignorance ba<x>sed on being lazy

Best Answer

Ego? Because they want to be 'right'?

Best Answer

beliefs from their parents.

Best Answer

Ignorance.

Best Answer

inbreeding...

Best Answer

Haha... I heard of genetic diseases this causes. .. never knew narrow mindedness was one.

Best Answer