prophetfan prophetfan 13-15, F 15 Answers Nov 15, 2012 in Community

There's never been a real me, I don't recognize the person I was and I likely won't recognize who I am now. That's the price we pay to grow. <br />
I have evolved. I wish I could believe in notions like love but I know the truth now, there's no going back. It's exactly as Nietzsche said it. For the longest time I would look in the faces of thinkers long gone and I see absolutely nothing special about them, I couldn't figure out what made them who they were. How could they answer questions I wasn't even capable of asking? They had to be special, I thought. <br />
I had to make a choice once, the first real choice I've ever made. I had to watch someone destroy themselves and do nothing in order to preserve my self, or risk all of it to stop them. I succeeded, but it cost me everything that ever mattered to me, I kept asking myself why it had to be me, I hated myself for it. Then I realized it had nothing to do with me. This decision could have been anyone's, but it happened to be mine. I wanted things to be as they were. When I lost them I thought I needed these people and these places to be who I was. I wanted my identity back. I thought that it was who I was. <br />
I asked myself who I was for a long time. All it took was questioning who I really was, and I never stopped questioning, I've answered every great question I've ever asked, the more I understand the world the more there is to understand. What I found amazing just five years ago is so obvious to me now it's boring. I watch my fellow man stumble about their lives failing to even ask questions I've answered in my early 20's, doing the same thing again and again, destroying themselves and eachother. <br />
Now I understand when I look at the greatest thinkers there ever was that these are not geniuses. The only thing that truly makes them special at all is the simple fact that they understood they weren't special at all, they're just people. And that is why they are what they are, it's why they questioned everything, and that's why we're all here now. The only thing special about the human species is our ability to reason, there are those among us that would like nothing more than to destroy that ability in exchange for the comfort and solace false hope gives to those who don't dare to question. <br />
The human race could destroy itself, all trace. We could disappear back into the sands of the Sahara, or we can charge into the cold dark, the only fear I have is the fear of betraying those before me who dared to question, because they didn't do it for themselves, they did it for me. And for that I am special.

Best Answer

this is so true im sorry for whatever ur talking about u had to do what u had to do i hope u realize that

Best Answer

My winning personality.

Best Answer

the experiences I have had and the ones yet to come

Best Answer

me myself and I

Best Answer

my frizzy hair

Best Answer

u

Best Answer

i make u ,u

Best Answer

yes! You being different and unique makes me different or else if we are the same, then e are one i am you and you are me! Love this tricky nerdy thinking :p

Best Answer

lol... ur right

Best Answer

me

Best Answer

My brain and my experiences.

Best Answer

My DNA...?

Best Answer