I guess I am asking why do communities fight so hard to keep them away? is it because they are competitively priced and keeps other companies honest?
shypirate shypirate 51-55, M 4 Answers Aug 28 in Community

It tends to be more of an opposition to large-scale merchandising, a lot of smaller towns want to retain a more traditional look/feel...they also often feel that large-scale businesses like that have a huge advantage over "mom and pop" businesses, and so drive locals out of business...

Best Answer

Well that is kind of a long story however in short Walmart is famous for selling things below cost and that drives out the smaller community owned business. The money generated my Walmart does not really benefit the local community as much as the smaller owned ones. They are plagued with legal and personnel problems and find it very difficult to work within the law. They are also pretty famous for misleading consumers about the origins of products. Currently businesses in the US can pretty much do what they want as there is no real laws that allow a gov. at any level to diss ban a business or prevent it from destroying small communities no matter how many law suits are filled against them. As long as they can keep paying out to claims made against them they can remain open.

Best Answer

Because they are bullies ... they push their way into communities where they are clearly not wanted ... they kill off mainstreet businesses like a person kills mosquitos ... Oh Walmart rationalizes those mainstreet businesses could specialize but really in towns of 5000 people, will a camera business actually survive, or how about an office supply shop ... My favorite hardware store a place I shopped for years, along with a clothing store that had been a staple for over 75 years and a grocery store all went under within a year after those Walmart thugs moved into an area not 30 minutes from me. And you know what Walmart's contribution to that community is with the millions of dollars they take in every year, a paltry $25,000 to local charities ... The rich feeding off the poor and unfortunately there are a bunch of no mind customers that keep that piece of filth in business

Best Answer

I shop at WalMart becouse thy have what i wont ,,,good prices

Best Answer