Blogger422 Blogger422 36-40, F 13 Answers Oct 25, 2012 in Parenting & Family

I regret not having more free time to myself, to follow my other dreams. There are requirements you can't really predict before you have one, and time really evaporates. I thought I had no time/life in high school, what with all the homework, but at least that was only four years before I knew I'd be moving on to other things.... Having a child is a time-consuming commitment which lasts for nearly two-decades. I'm sure when they get older they're not so much work, but it really is a full-time job and especially if you're already working it's like your life is completely about work-work-work. Don't get me wrong. Children are beautiful and I have fun and experience joy; I would not undo it for the whole world. But it's so emotionally complicated and I -- I guess I just wish I had completed my other dreams and ambitions *first*, because they wouldn't have taken so long, and now that I did it in the wrong order I won't be able to really devote myself to the dreams I had until after they're grown. And at that time, money will be tight because I'll be paying for their college as much as I'm able..... My children will never have to work their way through college like I did. I love them too much. No matter what.

Best Answer

I'm not actually a mother. I just think this is how I feel my answer would be if I had children. I think about it sometimes. It stresses me out and makes me sad because I can't have everything and life is so short.

Best Answer

Thanks for your honesty. Your answer is great and my favorite so far.

Best Answer

with out my kids I would prolly be dead.

Best Answer

Me too.

Best Answer

My child is the best thing that ever happened to me.<br />
She makes my life beautiful.

Best Answer

I'm glad I have my daughter. My only regret is getting pregnant so young.

Best Answer

My child makes me happy I had him, nothing makes me regret it

Best Answer

Grandchildren.

Best Answer

i don't have any kids BUT all my friends do and i can tell they regret having them mainly because they can no longer go out and enjoy their life. i almost got into an arguement with one of them because she is constantly posting statuses on fb talking about how wrong her friends are because they won't give her a "break" or help out with HER kids. i told her she was shameless and that those are her kids and her responsibility and that the world does not owe her or her kids anything. she has three kids. poped them out one after the other.

Best Answer

Everyone should try to help a single mother when they can and as much as they can. It's the hardest job in the world and nobody knows how hard it is until they have them.

Best Answer

Failure to launch. I don't think I'll live to see that.

Best Answer

I have two children, my daught is 24 and my son will soon be 21. They are my greatest joy and always have been. I just hope I can live long enough to see some grandchildren someday

Best Answer

My daughter is my best friend and one of the strongest young women I know. She has survived so much and still is one of the most caring people I know... She can make you crazy at times cuz she is bipolar,o.c.d., abused,a recovering addict, has lost 5 children and more!!! She keeps track of us all. She gave me the most magical people in my life..My grandchildren. I love my daughter with all my heart.

Best Answer