ikattarri ikattarri 36-40, F 188 Answers Nov 2, 2012 in Addiction

The Princess Bride. " My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die". "He's just mostly dead". - So many memorable lines, and a happy ending.

Best Answer

My dad says that whenever I bring that movie up. Very good.

Best Answer

tombstone

Best Answer

Sound of Music. Was virtually forced to as a kid! :)

Best Answer

the neverending story when I was a youngun

Best Answer

A Beautiful Mind

Best Answer

Wellllllll, judging from the replies here so far, I guess I'm the 'older' guy here!!

So here goes.

"A Place in the Sun"....NEVER get tired of this movie..Shelley Winters begged the director for this part - at that time, she did comedies and was a 'sex kitten'type........yeah, hard to believe now, right?? lol..but she dressed in drab, frumpy clothes, as the character would have looked, and sat & waited for hours in the director's office.....he did not recognize her......wisely, he gave her the part, probably one of the best things she ever did.....and OF COURSE the screen chemistry between Taylor and Clift if history-making!!!

"The Patriot'....NOT a Mel Gibson fan but I call this movie the "GWTW" of the American Revolution, or as close as we'll probably ever get!!

"Gentlemen Prefer Blondes".......have lost count as to how many times I've seen it' saw it when it first came out - I was 11!! - & have never stopped watching it......Monroe, in that movie, ...."looks as though she could glow in the dark"...as one critic said at the time...and so true!

"The Heiress"......amazing story and great performances by all.....I met Olivia de Haviland, its star, and was going to ask her about the famous scene at the end with the luggage (it's a long story!!) and in all the excitement forgot to ask her......I remembered the question in the elevator, on my way back to my room - too late!!

"Guys and Dolls"....OMG just the BEST American musical ever made....EVER!!!

"A Streetcar Named Desire'......incredible Vivien Leigh performance,and while not a huge fan of Brando's, you gotta give him credit for being a TRUE original. esp. at that time......we tend to forget nowadays how startling and incredible his presence was on the stage in 1947, when the play first opened...nowadays we take his 'type' for granted, but for audiences in NYC, in 1947, to see this amazing young actor for the first time? oh, to have been there!!!!!

........and so now I shall close,,,,,hope my 'memories' were not too dull for y'all!!! LOL

Best Answer

Love guys and dolls!! some of the best music

Best Answer

how cool to find someone else who loves this one as much as I do.......I even have the original cast CD from 1950, as well as the B'way revival of the 1990s, which I got to SEE there.......what a great evening that was!!
AND did you know that way back when the movie versin came out, there was an extended play 45 record (those were the days!! lol) that had only 4 of the songs from the movie....Sinatra's songs were NOT allowed to be released as he was under contract with Capitol Records, & they refused to let MGM release a really complete soundtrack album!! of course today I have no idea where it is!!!

Best Answer

Holy Grail. They even turn the credits into messed up stuff

Best Answer

Forrest Gump

Best Answer

run...

Best Answer

LOTR trilogy. :B

Best Answer

Dirty Dancing, pretty in pink, 16 candles, breakfast club, tombstone, whale rider

Best Answer

a disney movie: fox and the hound. :) i love that movie

Best Answer

The Crow...with Brandon Lee! Retribution is the way. Watch it.

Best Answer

super troopers funny silly movie

Best Answer

Saving Private Ryan about 9 times. I saw it four times in the theater (mostly with different people who wanted to go see it with someone) and at least five times since on TV or on DVD.

Best Answer

dont be a menace to south central while drinkin your juice in the hood

Best Answer

Mrs Doubtfire..... it's cleverly done and still makes me laugh

Best Answer

Yes, so funny. Love the scene where Robin Williams character is @ the unemployment office doing all the voices ... hilarious!

Best Answer

Spirited Away

Best Answer

first blood

Best Answer

Convoy.

Best Answer

I have a few that I like and that I don´t mind watching again, and again.

Bridget Jones´diary.

Four Weddings and a funeral

When Harry met Sally

and Amelie.

Best Answer