Sooo. I'm going to start a site soon for my art. I love to paint. I looove it. I want a site where I can have paintings about moods I was feeling at the time, with poems/writings along with them. Things people can relate to. But I don't want that to be all of it. I want it to be a place to truly help people. So that I can one day hear "Your site has really helped me, I love this." But I get lost at that point. How would a site be if it were to make you feel "at home" ? What would you like to see if I were to make that ? Any advice is welcome, I appreciate all the answers !
totoriale totoriale 18-21, F 3 Answers Aug 16, 2011

Create sections for each emotion, get people involved who write poetry or take photos or write music, when people are involved they tend to feel at home, I think in some ways that's why EP works, everyone contributes. GOOD LUCK with your site, it sounds intriguing :-)

Best Answer

Ahh, I like that idea! Do you have any ideas to get them involved ?

Best Answer

this is a great idea.
@totoriale
you could have a public gallery where people could upload pictures and paintings and word documents, maybe with a little mood select drop down box and comments?

Best Answer

Exactly, get your friends or family involved just to get it started. Create a page just for those interested in getting involved

Best Answer

Very nice ! That sounds like a fine idea. I am writing down ideas for it now..so thank you so much for your thoughts. It means a lot to me.

Best Answer

You're welcome, I think it's a great idea:)

Best Answer

i don't know about web design, but i know about art, if you gonna display art works,<br />
you have to maintain the basics of design (unity, stability and dynamism) first of all, what sizes, it had to be in balance withe spaces, second, what kind (oil, water, etc..), the same kind have to be together, it's also important to create a loop sequence with art works, it maybe repeated or not, for example, you choose emotions/modes so we go like (fear, love, sadness, hope) that may repeated also.<br />
i just want to say, art not necessarily created to help people, however any true creative work will definitively help people.

Best Answer

if you go to webs.com you can choose a website to create for free and they have templates to choose from to set up your site which you can modify to your own taste. if you want it free the name of your site would have to be yourtitlehere.webs.com i have one for my dog who gave birth to display her pups growth and her pregnancy a long with how the other dogs got along with it. you can have blogs, videos, pics, stories, comments section, contact section, chat rooms, pictures section, anything and you can also eliminate those sections you don't want. there are many colors, styles, beautiful scenes to pic from to decorate you site. i would start there and just browse their options, something will come to you.

Best Answer