thesweetpast thesweetpast 26-30, M 3 Answers Dec 6, 2013 in Community

A shopping cart that could read the bar codes and add up the total (with taxes) as I am shopping. That way I could stay within my cash budget.

Best Answer

Excellent idea, but I don't think the stores would like it. Maybe we could get personal shopping carts that would fold down and be ours alone. Would be cool too if the cart would just give us a total when we're done so there would be no more waiting in checkout lines.

Best Answer

The stores might like it if it kept them from having to restock so many groceries especially the frozen, dairy & meat that might go bad if they don't restock it quickly. I saw that happen when I worked at Walmart and they'd just toss it in the trash bin after marking it down as a loss....and it causes the prices to increase because they aren't in business to lose money.

Best Answer

I think they get financial credit for the things they "lose"...goes off taxes or something. Furniture stores do that too with broken items they can't sell. i think the stores like for us to lose track of how much we spend, which is why they keep rearranging everything so I have to go on a scavenger hunt to find things I normally buy. And why I end up with five things in my cart when I went in the store for one. lol

Best Answer

I'm sure that they do like us to over spend. They also don't have clocks in the store except maybe at customer service. They are like casinos not wanting people to hurry, the longer in the store the more money the people will usually spend.

Best Answer

I have noticed that where drugstores once had clocks on the wall, those have disappeared. And of course, product placement- like putting the most expensive items at eye level- has become part of it. Those tricky tricky merchandisers! Would be cool if a shopping cart would say, "All right now! That's enough!" lol

Best Answer

Drugstores probably eliminated them because people are anxious for the pharmacists to hurry and fill their prescriptions, they don't want them to know the exact time they left the prescription and the pharmacy can call them on the intercom when their order is ready. Most of the drugstores here have so much other merchandise that they can make sales while the customer is burning off their time by browsing around the store.

Best Answer

Good point. Makes you wonder if the pharmacists are encouraged to take it slow, in an effort to increase sales. And maybe that's one reason why some pharmacies don't offer a comfortable place to wait...or only have a couple of chairs. They want you wandering around the store. Makes you wonder how far it goes. No wonder we are getting more paranoid. lol

Best Answer

I had to get antibiotics & painkillers a couple weeks ago and stood there while the pharmacy assistant put my information in the computer, she spent a lot of time, maybe 15 minutes and didn't stop to talk to anyone else. They had about 4 others working back there and no one was goofing off. These days there is more information required to be put into the computers and that's taking a lot of time.

Best Answer

Socks that always to to their mate right out of the dryer.

Best Answer

Best Answer