So i've decided i really want to pursue my more ideal career which is language translating. Maybe not teaching english, but maybe something like translating for businesses or tours etc. My main two interests are japanese and german. and where i live is not exactly the most culturally diverse area-i live in Branson if that hints to anybody, so i really want to get into some kind of language school/overseas immersion program because learning by myself has been very difficult for me. But i want to make sure i do not get scammed. Does anyone have personal experience with these types schooling programs or even some tips? Any advice on this would be very helpful considering I'm verylost in what i should do...
Shokliva Shokliva 22-25, F 4 Answers Nov 23, 2012 in Education

Rosetta Stone hasn't really helped me with Japanese, as one person suggested I'd take classes with a native speaker. You can get Rosetta Stone to supplement your learning but it is not a great learning tool in and of itself. Also don't buy the software just get it from TPB.

Best Answer

what's TPB?

Best Answer

Thepiratebay.(se) a site to download torrents. To put it simply a place to download free stuff.

Best Answer

oh ok, i'm really bad with abbreviations -_-

Best Answer

Triundi has a very good point, but I will say I had excellent results improving my Spanish using the Rosetta Stone program.

Best Answer

Idk I went to an advanced magnet school for spanish and french ummmmm what about roseta stone

Best Answer

I'm heavily thinking about it. I just learn better when i'm fully thrown into something.

Best Answer

But make sure your comfy with the teacher ibe had three first too piled on lesson stressed me out and taught me nothing last one I learned a lot from

Best Answer

You can't learn either with just programs. You have to take a class and join speaking clubs. The grammar of both are insane compared to English.<br />
BA of languages: dual emphases in German and Japanese.

Best Answer

Right, it's just that there are NO clubs or classes like that even remotely close to where i live. i think the closest MIGHT be like 3-4 hour drive away. i've heard about some overseas immersion language schools and i'd really like to check more into.

Best Answer

That would be a sure-fire path. You learn the grammar and syntax in a class that's taught in 70/30 target language and English in a country where everyone speaks the target language. By the way, if you want to make money off your language skills, I would suggest Russian or Arabic instead. Japan is full of insanely weird stuff/people and everyone in Germany pretty much speaks English anyway.

Best Answer

I won't lie the weirdness attracts me...Other options would be just as reasonable if not better depending on circumstances. The main trouble i'm having at the moment is finding any reviews up to date or finding out how legit these schools are.

Best Answer

Eventually, the used panties worn by 12 year-old girls for sale get too creepy to ignore.

Best Answer

indeed. but hey as long as it's not my underwear being sold, just their business. and sometimes that's ok about things i really don't want to know about

Best Answer

Maybe I worded that poorly. Companies will solicit 12 year-old girls to wear underwear for a day and sell them to them to resale to old men in jidouhanbaiki.

Best Answer

true it is a bit creepy

Best Answer