Nimbus007 Nimbus007 46-50, M 19 Answers Dec 29, 2011

nimbo . i reckon i could do a deserted island. if there was plenty of water and fruit.

its like prison (besides the possible rapes :)) total isolation , peace and quiet, acess to a limitless library... is that really punishment?

Best Answer

Watch out for Big "Gorilla" Bubba he swings

Best Answer

:). i can out run bubba

Best Answer

you better hope so and that's not a banana he has either - lol

Best Answer

lmao. i just coughed half my sandwich out :)

Best Answer

Mo money,mo problems

Best Answer

I don't know that it is a true statement. The Amish have domestic violence because the proscribe a strict gender behavior code which actually encourages domestic violence. They have also of late suffered from young-on-old crimes (been in the paper, they hold the victim down and shave or cut their whiskers, which is a direct attack on the traditions of the Amish).

I think a simpler life can be more rewarding IF it is replaced by a pure devotion to things like nature, nurturing oneself and others, appreciating others for exactly what they are and no more, and healing consumerism. Then also, that freed-up time needs hobbies, like whittling/wood carving, quilt-making or candle-making, something to fill in the gaps that were eaten up by the old way of life.

Best Answer

The Amish also run many puppy mills and do not treat the animals with respect. Not my idea of a rewarding lifestyle by any means. There seems to be a lack of respect for life in their rigid lifestyle.

Best Answer

I agree. Just because something is a tradition doesn't make it right. Genetics is showing us how we create our offspring by focusing attention on what we desire. Like the Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints in the paper wor much lately; by punishing free will choice and learning life by rote, their genetics eventually won't contain creative problem solving as a possibility (except for the rare genetic throwback). Religion for the sake of tradition is always a mistake, I think.

Best Answer

I think it's much harder, not more rewarding. Me, I COULD do it if I HAD to, but I sure like my electric dishwasher and all that goes with electricity.

Best Answer

Being an Australian as their is always tomorrow to get things done

Best Answer

I don't know whether I'd say it's more rewarding but I bet it's a lot less stressful.

Best Answer

Not sure about the Amish.. but I have been on hudderite farms doing deliveries and pickups. Women are treated less than the cattle. I saw a 9 year old boy driving a tractor... taking 30 women 8-50 on a hay bale wagon to go out to the fields to do rock picking by hand

Best Answer

would love to be almish i lived in upstate newyork and they are so nice and happy

Best Answer

They make it work for them that's for sure.

Best Answer

What Simpler life is there than that of a Bachelor , No Ball and Chain and No Headachs , Silence is Golden .

Best Answer

I think we need to hear from our Amish EP'ers.... What you say??? There are None!!!!!

Question answered.

Best Answer

I think it can be more rewarding, but it depends on the person.

Best Answer

There's a documentary called "Wild China". Watching this was proof for me.

Best Answer

NONE! which is why are are all doomed

Best Answer

The percentage of unhappy people living a materialistic lifestyle.

Best Answer

Proof? Not sure what you mean. It seems to me that it is all very subjective. What is rewarding for some would be death to others.

Best Answer