a few feet..i'd go for a katana, guns can jam, and that would be problematic

Best Answer

Well look at it this way, I can pull the trigger 300 times in an hour if I have to. How many skull crushing blows can you deliver with your katana before your arms go numb? Also, jams take just a second or 2 to fix and I've actually never had a jam with my rifle of choice and I've only had one jam with my handgun of choice and I believe tat was due to ammo (that brand of ammo seamed to jam in anything we tried it in except my rifle) so jamming isn't much of an issue. Get a jam switch twinky your secondary and buy some time to fix it.

Best Answer

besides the jamming, guns are loud, and atract attention, they also rely on ammo, and ammo wouldnt be something you would find plenty. also, a blade is sharp, so there no need to actually use much force, someone who can really use a sword doesnt get tired that fast, and i wouldnt really be using the sword to fight tons of zombies of course, i would be more likely stealthy, and take them down one by one,..and if i wanted to take them by a distance id use a crossbow, more silent and i can recover the bolts

Best Answer

Let me guess, you read the zombie survival guide and don't have a lot of real world experience?

Best Answer

no, id just go for what my intuition tells me. And i've got experience with swords and guns. Mostly handguns, since i really havent picked up a rifle before. But either way, i prefer weapons that are easy to carry and dont restringe my movements.

Best Answer

Well a katana is one of the hardest swords in the world to use effectively because they are designed to slice not hack. Meaning that an attack lacking the proper angle will not only fail to slice through but possibly compromise the blade. Also, most katanas that cost less than $300 are made of cheap steal that is prone to breaking and wont hole and edge for long. A machete is a much more versatile weapon because it can be used simply to hack the target with very little finesse needed, a high quality one can be had for less than $100, the blade is designed for cutting through tough objects so it is less likely to deform and they fan be used for splitting wood for a fire. Physical fatigue sets in rather quickly with a melee weapon which also makes running harder. Guns can be suppressed with a simple oil filter that I'm sure will not be the first thing to vanish off Walmart/AutoZone shelves. You can carry a lot more ammo than you think and the 5.56 my rifle takes is very compact and light and if you choose a 22lr you can carry a thousand rounds in a small coffee can. Crossbows traditionally have a very limited range which is further decreased by the arrow's (yes, they are called arrows now. Saying bolt is like calling a car a horseless carriage) low speed making wind and movement of the target a huge factor when compared to a bullet. Also arrows tend to either deform of break after penetrating a skull making then almost one use projectiles.

Best Answer

i didnt say anything about carrying ammo, i mentioned finding. And i wouldnt be using a meele weapon on a actual fight against a group. Id use meele weapons for clearing out a room or something like that, like i said, taking them out one by one. And yes, i know the arrows deform, but there's always that chance if you're lucky enough. Slicing something requires less energy than actually hacking, because while hacking you require much more strenght and most times more than one blow, slicing only requires you to swing once, if you do it properly and with the correct angle, you can cut stuff without much effort, assumimg of course, you've got a good blade. And i actually didnt knew that fact, well, you live and learn right? I know that there are silencers for guns, but that wouldnt be something you'd really find.

Best Answer

When you can carry 2000 rounds why do you really need to find more? After your body has become fatigued will you have the dexterity to maintain the proper angle to slice with the sword? I didn't say anything about silencers, I said with a car/truck oil filter (which you can buy at Walmart, auto zone, tractor supply company, rural king [if you have them in your area] and a lot of other stores) you can make a silencer by simply duck taping it to your muzzle (search "oil filter suppressor" on YouTube and Gould see what I mean. Oil filters aren't really going to be a hot commodity when all of the highways are blocked and gasoline is more valuable than gold.

Best Answer

that's why you keep a backup firearm, just in case, something small you can easily pull up, like a handgun..and no, i dont got any shops like that near here

Best Answer

You don't have auto zone, Walmart, advanced auto parts or basically any repair shops in your area or do you just mean rural king? Because I don't have rural kings in my area since I moved so.it is understandable.

Best Answer

Maybe some mechanic garages but nothing rural

Best Answer

Wait, so you don't have Walmart, auto zone or advanced auto parts? Where do you buy car supplies?

Best Answer

i dont, i havent got a car

Best Answer

Where do you live in modern society that's allows you to live without a car?

Best Answer

i cant get a car yet, not old enough, and either way my father doesnt really buy a lot of supplies. If he does, i dont know where, because well, im not insterested about anything anymore.

Best Answer

Oh, sorry, your privacy settings forbid me from viewing you profile and your age doesn't show up on the mobile sight

Best Answer

It's no problem

Best Answer