Hmm.<br />
Because I realize he doesn't love me back. Because I think he'll laugh or feel uncomfortable. Fear of rejection or ridicule. Fear of appearing weak. Fear of an awkward situation. Worry over appearing to be moving too fast or coming on too strong. Awareness that those three little words will make a lot of people nervous or make them hightail it outta there.

Best Answer

Wow you said everything!

Best Answer

I've been in all those situations at one time or another.

Best Answer

I forgot one...the awareness that the person might not believe you when you say it. So you put off saying it, hoping that you will get a chance to prove it instead. Saying, "I love you" can be tricky.

Best Answer

I'm also afraid of all of these exact things you said, and having someone not believing you when you admit your true love is just so terrible!! it got me kind of angry it just sucks when you are being honest and for no reason they think you are a liar!

Best Answer

Sometimes that has more to do with them than with you. Sometimes someone can't see why anyone would love them, so they assume you are just saying it but don't really mean it. And some people don't believe love even exists- that it's a ruse or a fallacy. :(

Best Answer

Fear of rejection and ridicule

Best Answer

Yup!

Best Answer

a lot of people are shy,or fear rejection or humiliation. some fear losing out on the friend.<br />
i wont tell a girl if i fall for her,cuz i dont want to complicate stuff...and my girlfriend will kill me.

Best Answer

Absolutely nothing, I will say it if I feel it inside, other then that, never.

Best Answer

If they were married or in a long term relationship etc. I'd rather be rejected than not know.

Best Answer

choosing to keep the current relationship you have with them because of the feeling of doubt and rejection.

Best Answer

Them not being available even if they do have similar feelings.

Best Answer

maybe, shyness or just find it hard to let those words out of your mouth!!

Best Answer

Her husband for one if he overheard that one I'd be dead.

Best Answer

pride...

Best Answer

Personally I have no reservations about telling anyone I love them unless they expect me to and try to coerce me.

Best Answer