tommytee47 tommytee47 61-65, M 12 Answers Aug 23, 2012 in Community

define elder generation... cause i got some suggestions... :)

Best Answer

can't make an omlette without breaking a few eggs :)

Best Answer

Goes both ways and for the same reason , we both "know" that we know best . I've been a kid that had all the answers and now I'm a grown man with the experience to know that I didn't have enough right ones .

Best Answer

How right you are...I did the samething...now I have a 17 yr old that in the know it all state. But he does listen to me, and we talk alot....most of the time he is pickin my brain to see if he can stump me!!!

Best Answer

younger generation don't listen to older generation as well. So that even things up.

Best Answer

I think a lot of the problem is the younger generation not listening to the older. When I was younger I listened to the older folks that I respected and I knew they were listening to me. I did not assume that I knew everything and that they with wider experiences didn't have anything to contribute to me. I listened to them and I learned from them. In many ways they learned from me too. Just because the older generation doesn't get all fired up and jump to follow whatever new thing is being esposed to them doesn't mean they're not listening.

Best Answer

It's not a generation issue, it's related to the person. No one regardless of age likes to be told what to do.

Best Answer

Because the younger generation wont listen to the older generation. We don't respect our elders like they did. We may not be wrong, but we don't have to be so rude to them about it.

Best Answer

I think we didn't lived the same things, that may explains. But I don't get it completely.

Best Answer

No one likes to be shouted at....too much talking and not enough listening on both sides.

Best Answer

I don't believe we should generalize. I know some wonderful young people that talk to me often. They are polite and a joy to be with.

Best Answer

Perhaps they had a bad experience with young people labeling them as old and not worth the time to listen and respect. I live in a Mid west city and the young people here make public comments that are rude about older people. One common remark is" All those old folks need to take their ***'s and hide off in their house" or "why do those old folks keep trying OUR KIND don't want to be bothered with them".

Would you listen to a young person making loud and rude remarks like that to you?

Would you?

Best Answer