I vote for being direct. Discuss the matter with her in person or on the phone (not by email) and let her know that you and your husband discussed it and that her comments were inappropriate and unwelcome by both you and your husband. Be specific about what comments.

Best Answer

Let your daughters be friends if you like. But that doesn't mean you have to be friends with this woman. Tell her how you feel. How your husband feels. If she handles it correctly, then you can try to get beyond it...maybe she's having a temporary fit of lunacy. If she gets snarky and tries to make you the problem, etc. then it might be time to end that particular friendship. As far as your daughter goes, her relationships don't have to be your relationships. I had lots of friends, and my mom wasn't friends with any of their moms.

Best Answer

What kind of one-upping and inuendos?

Best Answer

i.e. She lost weight and got her hair dyed. My hair is like hers used to be and she keeps commenting. "My grays aged me ten years, but you're OK, you still look like you're in your FOURTIES." And things like, "Your husband said I could be his wife when we take the kids to the mall." But imagine this several times a day. Frustrating!!

Best Answer

I'm stillguessing; she wants to swap? If I were you she'd get a complete FKKK you W*hore from me. I'd tell my man that she wanted me to do her old man-(no that she wants to do him- he'd be flattered-get him teritorial over you) as for the girls being friends- I don't see a problem. But listen up here Ink- you better mark your territory- middle age crisis w****** are relentless until you humiliate them- the only way to stop that $#!t

Best Answer

I agree. I told DH, that the only way to TRULY stop it is if HE gets rude and rejects her. In front of everyone if possible. As a matter of fact, she DID mention swapping... but it was years ago in a joking way. Now I know she's out for bear, as they are getting divorced. I was even thinking of setting up a fake FB account posing as DH and let her have it that way! (ignore Friend Requests, dote on my Wall) Heh, heh, heh...

Best Answer

Don't pull that sneaky insecure wife crap- you are better than that-Just tell her off without raising your voice- throw in how her behavior has lost her daughter a friend and that she doesn't value her marriage; your marriege is the center of your world and there is no way the she or any other shrew will ever get in the middle of it. Please don't set up fake FB accts- that smell of you becoming scared and pathetic- just love your man and let her know she is unwelcome- if the little girl is collateral damage , so be it.

Best Answer

You are right. She lives on FB and I know it would drive her nuts!! The girls are teenagers, so it will be easier to get rid of her. I also don't want to directly tell her off because then she'll know that it bothers me and she'll feel powerful. But it's come down to that. We've been ignoring her emails and calls, so by now she knows that she messed up with us.

Best Answer

Put nothing in writing. I think you may with to reconsider. Telling her you cherish your marriage is not a sign of weakness, it is a position of strength-She will be put in her place. I let everyone who'll listen know my husband is the center of my world. FKKK her to take that from you

Best Answer

Good advice.

Best Answer

Tell em both to go ahead if they think that's what's gunna work for em!

Best Answer

A normal girl will feel ashamed... Maybe let your hubby know of your plan...

Best Answer

You should totally let it happen.

Best Answer

Let what happen? What am I not getting here- Are they gonna 'mo it up?

Best Answer

Yes. Her friend is insinuating that their husbands are deeply interested in one another. You shouldn't use the word 'mo like that.

Best Answer

My brother's a 'mo- he taught it to me

Best Answer

My dad is gay and said you shouldn't use it like that.

Best Answer

Different generations I guess

Best Answer

Yeah, my dad is from a different generation. How did you know?

Best Answer