My dad is in the hospital and needs to be transferred to a rehab. The social worker keep pushing my dad to a certain facility that my father had a bad experience and very far from our house. We called a few facilities that are closer to our house and they said that the social worker didn't send any paperwork. We tried to ask the social worker to send the paperwork, but she didn't want to do it, her reason was, there are so many pages to fax. We're stuck. What can we do?
angelindisguise2 angelindisguise2 36-40, F 10 Answers Jul 26, 2012

Complain to the management!! That woman deserves a serious spanking >:{

Best Answer

Complain to management

Best Answer

you can report the problem to her boss and ask that they get involved. i always tell people to speak with the doctor or nurse who is taking care of your love one they can can lend assistance to you as well. remember that you have patient rights and your father's are being violated. <br />
be firm and respectful don't give in at anytime the reasons that she gave you are unacceptable and it is her job not her choice. best of luck.... There is a unit manager, charge nurse, don who can assist you as well. <br />
wishing your father a speedy recovery xoxo

Best Answer

she's actually the director of the social worker, and i read their code of ethics and she's violating everything in the code of ethics

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

I agree with Coyotedave. You have to go over her head and be firm, stand your ground. It's not about HER, it's about your Dad. She should be seriously reprimanded for her unprofessional, self serving behavior.

Best Answer

that's true, and she even got mad that we asked and looked for other rehabs, she said we were checking her job :-(

Best Answer

I worked for years trying to get people out of nursing homes etc. The social workers were all burnt out of their jobs. All I could do was go over their heads. I almost always won. Don't let her get away with this. You have every right to "check her job" esp when she isn't doing it right.

Best Answer

thank you :)

Best Answer

If you are at the mercy of a social worker I guess there is little you can do.

Best Answer

really? is that how it is? i think that is really unfair.

Best Answer

What details?

Best Answer

sooorryyy was too slow typing, got the details now

Best Answer

ooo, you tempted me in with the 'please see details', but there was no details. You cheeky monkey.

Best Answer

sorrryyy was too slow typing.. got the details now :)

Best Answer

complain to her superiors. Your dads health means more than some bitc* and her paperwork issue.

Best Answer