barrelracer43 barrelracer43 16-17 10 Answers Nov 30, 2011

I would call child protection services on him. The relationship between your 17 year old sister and her father is destroyed forever. That is something you never forget and play over and over in your head. That is physical and psychological abuse.

Best Answer

but wat if i dont wanna lose my dad i still love him but i cant take it anymore

Best Answer

true i know this its just hard and im afraid he will hit her again and if not her me or my mom

Best Answer

call the police they'll sort him out

Best Answer

a father or mother should never hit there children no matter how angry they get.

Best Answer

this isnt the first time he has done this to my sister and he has slapped me and slammed my head against a railing before

Best Answer

You won't lose your father. He will always be your father but that household is not safe for you, your sister or your mom. He needs to get help so he can salvage what's left of the relationship with the family. He needs to be punished for abusing your sister. That way he will realize there are consequences for his actions. Report him now before he strikes again.

Best Answer

i want to but i need to talk to my mom and sister about it

Best Answer

If he literally "punched" her like a man with his fist, then you should involve the authorities or at least tell a teacher, principle, school councelor or school nurse. Find someone in authority that you trust and they will help you and your sister. Your sister really needs you to help her right now. Find someone you trust and tell them. They will help you.

Best Answer

thanks and me and her are trying to figure out who the best person to tell would be

Best Answer

In that case, find someone you both trust and go to that person together, so you can give eachother the support you both need.

Best Answer

My dad tends to lose his temper a lot too...Even if your sister was out of line, she is only 17 and can't be truly expected to always act like an adult. I suggest that you talk with your family about group family therapy sessions. I wouldn't contact authorities just yet, perhaps talk about the situation with a close friend or trusted adult and decide what the best way to handle the situation...I promise your sister will remember what your dad did and how it made her feel for the rest of her life.

Best Answer

thank you and i tryed talking but see this isnt the first time this has happened to my sister

Best Answer

I just know because I've been through the same experience, I didn't want to lose my dad because my family needs him, so calling authorities is never easy. But you have to assess if your sister is in real danger, or if you can figure out a way to prevent the situation from happening again. Talk about what led to the violence and how it can be prevented.

Best Answer

a prank that she played on my brother that my dad had in on he is bipolar i sware i just cant take him anymore

Best Answer

Depends ik this is late but have in consideration the actions of both sides , how hard was the punch? does he do it often as in every bloody time she does something disrespectful to him. what did she do? back in the days youd get a swollen cheek and a tomatoe butt if you ever disrespected ur father, just saying... ( people overreact, admit it some kids/teens need a slap/punch in the face some of the times ;)

Best Answer

You have to tell someone, this will keep on happening if you don't. I can understand your feelings about the telling, but it is for you and your sisters safety.

Best Answer

I am so sorry that you are going through such tramatic experiences. These situations are very hard to deal with because where will you go and who is going to take care of you. The authorities are going to help by putting you in a foster home, which might be worst for you and your sister. As I think I am am wondering if you have a family member that can help with their understanding. Keep you or talk to your Dad about his behavior. You are almost eighteen and can move out and take your sister with you as a guardian for her protection. There might be help with the social services to be caring for your sister and provide you with housing if necessary for the both of you. God Be With You. Peace.

Best Answer

You have a greater loyalty to your sister than you do to your Father, she really needs you, be there for her, now and forever

Best Answer

get help fast.its hard. i had a friend who was sexually abused by her dad and when she finally had the guts to report him her mum and the rest of the family wouldn't talk to her because he was the breadwinner. he went to jail and she to an orphanage.

Best Answer

Call the police department.

Best Answer

Potentially involve the authorities.

Best Answer