I received a piece of mail that was sent to my address....to a name I never heard of & is not any of my neighbors....with only a last name as a sender. I can tell it's a Christmas card containing a gift card. What should I do? Can't send it back b/c there's no address...and no way of finding the intended receiver.
hadyourchance hadyourchance 31-35, F 20 Answers Jan 2, 2013 in Community

spend the gift card and donate the value to a charity

Best Answer

It's a win win scenario....and it gets it off your conscience

Best Answer

Its a love note

Best Answer

do what your heart tells you to do... it will be the right decision

Best Answer

My heart tends to get me in unfavorable positions.

Best Answer

doing what is right is not always popular. Remember wrong is wrong and rationalisation will not make it right. From what I have read of your postings you are a just person, have faith in your decision

Best Answer

open it up and see if there is more identifying info written in the card. Find out if you can trace where the card was purchased. If someone used a credit card to make the purchase of the gift card it may be traceable.

Or...

It's a government "test" to see if you are "honourable" and "trustworthy". Have you applied for any new jobs lately? I just saw a program on "Link TV" where they talked about embedding chips inside of all kinds of cards to trace the holder's movements and purchases...so maybe someone wants to trace you....? YIKES!

Uh Oh..my paranoia is getting the better of me..better hang up before they trace this to me....

Best Answer

should be traceable online using a number somewhere on it, at least in terms of where it was purchased, and it's remotely possible you can discover the purchaser's name. I wouldn't sweat it. I'd use it.

Best Answer

Just open it, since it is your address. Check the card for additional information and if not use it, its yours. I want a radio for Christmas, thanks miss santa.

Best Answer

That'd freak me out. I'd put it right back in the mailbox with a post-it on it for the mailman to take back

Best Answer

There's no address to send it back to

Best Answer

That's the post office's problem. It has to be postmarked by where it was sent from. Between that and the last name they should be able to figure it out.

Best Answer

Open it before you decide what to do as it may be nothing, or may have contact information.

Best Answer

put it back into the mail box and let the post office handle it.

Best Answer

Finders keepers

Best Answer

ah just open it its not like there is anthrax

Best Answer

all you can do is keep it or you could hand it into the police station

Best Answer

Use it to buy more bras for your hot boobs!

Best Answer

Hey pretty boy wanna fûck?

Best Answer

I aint gay

Best Answer

I can suck you

Best Answer

Might be a phone number on the check...

Best Answer