I just moved and it takes an hour to get to my job, but i also have to drop my kids off, my brother, his girlfriend off in the morning. I have to tranfer my kids to a differnt school because we have to leave the house at 530am to make it to work and school. My Kids aren't older enough to stay home alone long. My oldest is 12, 10, 6. My son has watch his brothers and sisters before but it was where i could get to them quickly. It takes me almost two hours to get home so they will be home from 330pm till 7pm. Will u leave them that long by themselves??? Are so I look for a job near my new home???
njsouth njsouth 31-35, F 8 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Family Struggles

Its a tough decision and one many parents are having to make these days with jobs being hard to come by...... I would not quit the job you have, but it would not hurt to look around and see whats out there as your children are the most important things in your life and you would hate your self if some thing happened to them.

Best Answer

I saw that they do have jobs in the area that i can look into but i've work at my job for almost 9years, but i'm considing switching down there. I think i have a better shot getting hired down where i live then my husband due to fact it more white area and my husband is black

Best Answer

Its a shame that color plays into this issue, but I understand.... (((hugs))) and Good Luck.

Best Answer

Thanks i'm praying for an answer to help me with my problem

Best Answer

Listen and the Universe will show you what to do (or what NOT to do)...... it always does,

Best Answer

I would not leave them alone that long. It can be murder on the younger ones. I speak as a middle child who was often left in the care of my sister, three years older.

Best Answer

That what i feel to, my 6year old is very hyper and growups usually have problems with him also.

Best Answer

Why not move closer to your job, if it's a good job?

Also, why are you responsible for transporting your brother and his girlfriend? If they are adults, they need to take some responsibility for themselves. If they are childless and you have 3 kids to also get to school, have them take the bus or car pool with coworkers if they don't own a car. It's put an unfair burden on to have to cart their butts around on top of getting your kids to school and you to work.

Best Answer

actually it 2more kids also i bring to school too. i just moved away from my job cause its cheaper living that way but its harder on me because the kids.

Best Answer

That's just it. Maybe it's not really cheaper when you add up the cost of the extra gas and wear and tear on your car, PLUS the extra time out of your day every day. We tend to forget that our time has value as well.

Best Answer

true i like the area where i moved, but i thinking about asking my youngest brother to move in and take of the kids while im at work. He lives with my mom.

Best Answer

That may be a good plan. Trying to get out the door by 5:30AM is unreasonable, not just for you but even for the kids. Probably the whole family suffers from exhaustion that way. As long as your brother can have the responsibility to make sure they wake up and get themselves ready for school, that would work out well for all involved.

Best Answer

check out the internet for tips and hints regarding latch-key kids= there is alot and it is sorted by age and how to prep the kids--good luck

Best Answer

what is latch key kids???

Best Answer

If they let themselves in the house- that's a term for it- no big deal

Best Answer

Go back in time and tell your younger self to never have children? ;p

Best Answer

Some times i feel that way but i love my kids. But it hard sometimes

Best Answer

How old is your brother and his girlfriend? Can you ask them to watch your kids in return for being their chauffeur? Not sure on the details of your job, but depending on how much you love it and how much you get paid, it might be worth finding one closer to home. Factor in the gas bills and wear and tear on your vehicle, not to mention your health (from the stress).

Best Answer

my brother is older then me he works up here to and doesn't have a car right now and his girlfriend works up here too. The gas is costing a lot also, and i've been at my job 9years almost and i do get paid good. But i think its easier for me to find a job then my husband. I live in a white area and my husband black.

Best Answer

How about a babysitter?

Best Answer

Don't know anyone down there yet. I didn't even tranfer the kids yet. I check the aftercare program out but its only up to 530pm and someone needs to pick them up.

Best Answer