My boyfriend that I have been dating for a year is in Afghanistan. It's been already 6 months since he left. Recently things have been shakey and he says he doesn't care about anything anymore, he doesn't know if he still loves me. We have 4 more months to go till he comes back home. We do have communication, we talk everyday on the phone and on Facebook. I don't know what to do
rc09 rc09 18-21, F 7 Answers Feb 1, 2013 in Military

Please please please wait for him. That's a very long tour...they are not usually out in Afghanistan for so long. He will be desperately depressed and is probably trying to give you an easy way out but he does need you - they need non military conatct. You will be rewarded with tremendous love, as I was and still am 20 years on. It is hard - but he's out there doing and amazing job that is tough mentally and physically and he does need you. Hang on in there.

Best Answer

Thank you for this encouraging post. But he's been telling me he's already looking towards the bar and being alone. I told him I will wait for him, even if he feels like that. What could I do to encourage him a little?

Best Answer

Do you skpe? If u can be in yr underwear...send him sexy letters, give him other things to think about such as telling him about yr day in great detail n getting him to dwell on his too much. Tell him about restaurants n places to visit that u want to take him to when he gets back....show him that u r planning a future with him. Give him something to look forward to. Always be in an upbeat mood when u talk to him, make notes about what u r going to say to him if it helps. Good luck with him, military relationships are the hardest

Best Answer

wait for him..he is on war is normal to think that he doesnt care, he sees things that changes him..love him when he deserves the least because that is the moment when he need's you..

Best Answer

Hmmm... Something is going on..:(

Best Answer

There is no should. It sounds like the war has claimed another relationship at any rate, but even bad odds can win at times.

Best Answer

Whatever you do, don't give him the dear john letter.. just get through the next 4 months and you'll be fine

Best Answer

We communicate everyday on the phone and on facebook messages

Best Answer