the bible says a ton of stuff that i strongly disagree with however i was born and raised in the church and i feel like it's a part of me and if i stray from it i'll be rejected by my family and friends of faith. I don't want to completely give up believing but it just doesn't make sense to me anymore.
l212 l212 18-21, F 7 Answers Feb 25 in Community

Would you support any other ideology that condones slavery, discriminates women, brainwashes children or teaches myth over fact? I doubt so.<br />
It becomes a matter of conscience. You can be indifferent to the influence of ideologies that cause great harm to mankind and hamper it's progress into a real community.<br />
Some years ago, I decided to do what I think is right to the best of my ability. Approval should not be a goal in life. Ask that to the millions of people who supported tyrannical political systems just because they got carried away in the euphoria, the promise of a better life, the idea of a better self that serves a common good and builds a new world.

Best Answer

Do whatever you feel is right in your heart. I am a Christian but I think it's important for people to make their own choices and not just blindly follow. Figure things out for yourself and maybe you'll find the truth, and if it's not the truth you find, I hope you find something that makes you feel content.<br />
Good luck.

Best Answer

Thank you :)

Best Answer

You could grow up into an independent adult and abandon stupid superstition. Just a thought.

Best Answer

You growing up with religion is like how I grew up with videogames. Believe it or not but there are loads of similarities. Not similar similarities but similarities nonetheless.

Best Answer