Just bought a lobster from the supermarket. I filled up my bathtub with water and added some sea-salt that I sometimes put on my spaghetti. Now he looks kinda hungry. What should I feed him? Should I keep the lights on or make it dark, like the ocean? Will he get lonely?
sallieannie sallieannie 22-25, F 6 Answers Jul 2 in Community

Oats, same as you do with molluscs (such as cockles, mussels) until the fateful moment comes. Just a very light sprinkle like you would with fish food. mx:))

Best Answer

I feed my muscles oats. Keeps me strong so I can do a lot of reps at the gym. I just think that added oats might give me a really bad bathtub ring. Maybe I could add some type of chlorine to prevent a bathtub ring. I just hate bathtub rings.

Best Answer

Tut Tut, sillybilly. mussels, not muscles hahahahaha, mx:))

Best Answer

You don't feed him, you eat him!

Best Answer

He's my best friend! I couldn't do that to him!

Best Answer

are you gonna toss it into boiling water?

Best Answer

Boiling water?! I don't know what kind of hot water tank you have Oddandsingular. I hope you have poor hygiene because 3rd degree skin burns are so painful! Just ask Darth Vader!

Best Answer

lol! I asked because it upsets me so much when people do that to lobsters claiming that they "have no nerve endings anyway" I worked in the kitchen in a seafood restaurant once and one of my jobs was to line up the lobsters to ready them for the pot. I was instructed to rub the backs of their tails to keep them calm and still until they went to their horrific death. It worked and when I realized that they do indeed have nerve endings I quit the job

Best Answer

Its good that you were able to keep them calm, but how did you know they liked having their backs rubbed? Personally I hate backrubs. If I were about to die and someone was rubbing my back, I'd wish for death.

Best Answer

HA! you are a hoot! The Chef told me what to do. I have no clue how he discovered that but it definitely worked.

Best Answer

well since creatures like lobsters, crabs, and shrimp live at the bottom of the ocean, they clean the bottom of the sea. theyre like vacuum cleaners of the ocean floor. maybe some dead sea life would do

Best Answer

So I should take my vacuum cleaner to the beach and then empty it in my bathtub? I didn't realize this was going to be so much work! Doh!

Best Answer

xD no just feed it fish, crabs, clams, mussels, sea urchins, and sometimes even other lobsters because they eat the dead bodies of other sea life

Best Answer

WHAT? Dead bodies? Are you some kind of Dexter-wannabe? No way am I digging up dead bodies to feed to my best friend!

Best Answer

*sigh* just feed it some fish or clams or whatever sea food u hav in ur home lol

Best Answer

Well if he does get lonely I wouldn't bath with him

Best Answer

No he seems shy. Might be uncomfortable for him, I'd be staring at his pincher the whole time.

Best Answer