I really want to help people. I really want to work with the Fire Department or Police, but i'm not sure if I can do that or not. So i'm looking for a plan B. Do you have any advice on what kind of volunteer work I should do that helps people or the community?
moose73630 moose73630 16-17, M 7 Answers May 29 in Doing Good

What about the hospital? I've seen lots of dedicated volunteers in my local hospital, and they all love it! One of them even told me that she feels "satisfied" after going home after a long, tiring day.

Best Answer

What usually helps people is looking after old people who have nobody... talking to them, playing cards with them, reading to them, stuff like that.... but that's not necessarily everyone's thing.... so I'm sure you can find something you like. If you want to have a look at the police or fire department just ask them...

Best Answer

I've seen volunteering positions for the fire department, but I think it's mostly clerical work. You can find a bunch where you live on volunteermatch.org. Good for you for wanting to help!

Best Answer

Thanks, i'll use that website :D

Best Answer

Red Cross?

Best Answer

That's a good idea. I'll see if they will let me do that :)

Best Answer

Great good luck with that :)

Best Answer

Thats good.., hmm i search the net and i found alot of volunteers activity.., like arts and culture, library and about helping animals.., and the Fire Department and Police.., but its your choice bud do what you love to do., you can do it..

Best Answer

Feeding America is actively seeking volunteers for its food bank in our area.

Best Answer