lionessheart lionessheart 18-21, F 18 Answers Oct 31, 2012 in Family Struggles

Spend my one weekend with her..

Best Answer

Nothing that others can steal--maybe something she likes to eat, as long as she's allowed. Body wash, shampoo, things that can be used and not take up space. If they have a hairdresser, a gift certificate would be good. I used to work in asst. living---hope it helps.

Best Answer

visit her

Best Answer

Pictures and spend time with her.<br />
Maybe too .. if she likes a particular treat/food that she can't get where she is living .. bring it to her. <br />
But .. I'm sure grandma would just like to see you most of all.

Best Answer

Hmm. Kind of depends on the situation- whether she has her own room. Whether you can trust the staff not to steal her stuff. (Hate to say it, but that happens.) <br />
fr<x>amed photos of family. A photo album with photos and mementos in it. One of those photo things that you can flip through. A large print Bible. CD pla<x>yer and CDs of whatever she likes- my grandma liked gospel and listening to certain ministers. Slippers. Socks. Gown. Robe. Tops or bottoms that are comfortable but pretty- we needed to buy elastic waist and loose fitting things for my grandma. Scented powder. A little makeup or mirror. Pretty hairbrush or manicure set. A music box. A pretty box for tissues. Embroidered handkerchiefs. Something else pretty to sit on a table. A nice lamp. A pretty pillow or the kind that serves as a back rest. A special comfortable cushion for her wheelchair. A flowering plant. <br />
My grandma liked jewelry, but a couple of her necklaces mysteriously disappeared. She also liked getting sugarfree candy and cake (she was diabetic). She was also vain as a peacock (lol), so any little piece of jewelry like a rhinestone pin made her happy.<br />
If she is in a place where things might vanish, you might consider putting her name on whatever you give her. My mom wrote my grandma's name inside all her nightgowns and robes.

Best Answer

Residents get awfully bored, get something that will excerise her mind.

Best Answer

A digital picture fr<x>ame. And load it with old pics of her life.

Best Answer

Something memorable. In fact grandma's remember movies from 50 years ago, before you was born. Stores have CD of old programs and movies that grandparents love to see again.

Best Answer

A secret nanny cam and written promises from family members to visit her more often. How life is that people end up in homes, but sad all the same. I come from a culture where we used to keep our old at home, but life is not like that now.

Best Answer

Let her live with you?

Best Answer

A ladder and break her out for the night.

Best Answer

It depends on her age and mostly abilities.

Best Answer