Questionator Questionator 26-30 448 Answers Feb 21 in Community

Question of the Day

How intolerant those who preach tolerance are if you don't agree with them completely.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

This really ****** me off too... Everyone is entitled to their opinion. NOT everyone has to agree with your opinion.... because it's just that... YOUR opinion. I don't have to agree with a person's opinion that because I believe in God that I also believe gays are going to hell. I especially don't have to agree with that opinion because It's an incorrect perspective of my opinion. Yes, I believe in God. No... I do not think that being gay gives you a one way ticket to hell. I believe absolutely everyone has hope of an afterlife in heaven, and could care less about your sexual preferences. My opinion is that it's how you treat people while you're on this earth that truly matters. However, I legitimately respect people's right to hold opinions other than my own. All I ask is that other people at least practice what they preach.

Best Answer

You make me so very proud. I've been very troubled since leaving my former - oh, hell, Mormonism, because I am not atheist but there is absolutely no way I could ever condone the attitudes of most Christians. It is absolutely unbelievable that today I read a post by a General Jerry Boykin who says Christ is coming wrapped in bloody robes and carrying an AK-47, ready to clean house.

Not MY Jesus ain't. You know, the guy who forgave the prostitute and told her he loved her? That guy that couldn't pass up a little kid without hugging him or her? The same guy who, although wrongfully and scandalously and illegally accused and convicted of things he did not do, forgave his accusers and asked God to forgive them for what they had done. No matter how they tortured him, he would not have pulled out an AK-47 and gunned them down.

He....Would...NEVER.

Best Answer

Can I get a hug from Jesus, too? ;P.

Where's he getting these AKs, anyway? Do I want to know?

Best Answer

I believe that Jesus will never do that either. Cheers to that!

Best Answer

I don't think He would pull out an AK, but remember Christ did a make a whip out of cords to clear the temple court and over turning tables. He did/does have righteous zeal. But, I agree Christ wants people to love each other and have His love in our hearts to reach out and help others, without external coercion of others.

Best Answer

Wait, where is that story?

Best Answer

Sorry, I got the weapon wrong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/20/general-boykin-gun-jesus_n_4826089.html?ir=Religion

"The Lord is a warrior and in Revelation 19 it says when he comes back, he's coming back as what? A warrior. A might warrior leading a mighty army, riding a white horse with a blood-stained white robe ... I believe that blood on that robe is the blood of his enemies 'cause he's coming back as a warrior carrying a sword.
And I believe now - I've checked this out - I believe that sword he'll be carrying when he comes back is an AR-15.

And the sword today is an AR-15, so if you don't have one, go get one. You're supposed to have one. It's biblical."

Best Answer

No, the one about tables. Never seen it.

Best Answer

Yup, got mad one time and who was it directed to? The greedy creeps screwing everyone over charging interest on their tithing.

This is why I'm passionate about feeding hungry kids and helping single moms who work part-time minimum wage - this, and because I've worked with them all my life. Seeing that scars you in a way you cannot imagine if you've never experienced real hunger.

Best Answer

Agreed. Ex-Mormon high fives.

Best Answer

I loved my parents, but they truly believed all the absolute garbage - no matter how much I argued and brought up the discrepancies and fallacies, they were immovable. I'm sad for them.

It was absolutely true that I never saw a picture of Jesus until I went to vacation Bible school with a friend the summer I was 9 years old. I had to ask who it was. Mormons loudly try to tell me I'm lying, but I've met some other LDS women about my age who have that same memory. Joseph Smith and whoever the current ancient flavor of the year is are always displayed prominently. They even changed the name of the church along the way so people would stop saying they weren't Christian. It's very easy to find the truth these days.

Best Answer

i think it was a figure of speech

Best Answer

So God made gays just so he could send them all to hell? Yeah, makes sense.... Who taught you this rubbish?

Best Answer

This is why I hated people telling you to be "open minded" because the phrase open minded has become a synonym for "agree with me because my opinion is best." Someone asked me the other day if I wanted a hot dog, and I said no, because I really don't eat hot dogs, cos I don't like them. He said to me "You're so close minded, try being open minded for once." I'm close minded because I don't like hot dogs?! Are you ******* kidding me? There's a different between close mindedness and knowing your preferences. You don't have to eat things you dislike just to be open minded.

Best Answer

I know right?! Even since my original reply to this saying how much it ****** me off when people who say they're 'tolerant' are some of the most judgmental and least tolerant people there are this whole thread has shown the intolerance of so many as well as the their ignorance. Has anyone who's commented on this stating what the bible says or who it's written by actually read the bible or gone to church a day in their lives??? I am a bible believing person, who DOES NOT... and let me say that again just to be perfectly clear DOES NOT believe the bible condemns gays to hell. When taken in context, the bible talks about how in Sodom and Gomorrah Men began ONLY sleeping with men, and thus left the women to tend to themselves so NO one was reproducing, the population wasn't moving forward because men and women were not getting together to make babies at all. So before the 10 commandments were written, but while the isrealites were still wandering through the desert to prevent something like Sodom and Gomorrah from happening with the Israelites, Men were forbidden from sleeping with each other. No where does it forbid women from sleeping with each other. The only mention of lesbianism in the bible is when it mentions that it happened because men no longer paid them any attention. Not only are people here showing just how intolerant they are of other people's right to hold their opinions, many of them are also showing their lack of ignorance. Thus proving the point in my original reply to this in how people claiming to be tolerant of other people and their beliefs just go ahead and ASSUME incorrectly that the person or people they're talking to believe something that that person or those people DON"T really believe at all!!!! If you're going to be a judgmental *****... at least get your facts right on what your bashing and STOP calling yourself a "tolerant" person, or claiming to "respect" other people's ideas; because you prove you don't when you open your mouth to speak. Practice what you preach or get your facts straight and keep your insulting opinions to yourselves.

Best Answer

Well stated.

Best Answer

I'd eat it for you XD

Although that seems kinda weird, if you ask me.

Best Answer

:D I've always wondered something- If God didn't want homosexuality, why'd he make people that way? I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that Satan didn't go around making babies gay.

Best Answer

You're a smart kid.

Best Answer

Aww, thanks.

Best Answer

Yes for example many of the new wave of athiests can be just as intolerant as many of the religious they complain about :/

Best Answer

Hey I'm just saying I don't care what religious people do as long as it isn't hurting anyone

Best Answer

That is because religion is personal to those who want it and atheists are opposed and exposed to religious ideology all the time. When missionaries come by stealing valuable time unasked, they break the commandments they profess to believe in based on conflicting ideas in a book.

Best Answer

High five

Best Answer

As a Christian (would I be considered Christian?) I don't believe in the majority of what the bible says. My main argument when religious people say it's against the bible, is that what Jesus and God want is for everyone to love each other. Pretty simple.

Best Answer

Look, people. Once upon a time, only the church could read the Bible. In these hundreds of years, it's highly possible that they had time to change it to fit their beliefs. And as far as I'm concerned, as long as you have accepted Christ and try to live a good life (WHICH DOES NOT INVOLVE HATING GAYS), I'll see you in heaven.

Best Answer

I was born in a Christian home, but after studying the bible greatly for myself I learned that all this gay bashing and judging eachother, it's all religion taking bible out of context and twisted around to say what was not originally meant. I believe 100% in what the bible says, but only 25% of what any religion says.
The main themes through out the bible are indeed to "love thy neighbor", to "treat thy neighbor, as you would be treated," to "judge not lest ye be judged," "and For God so loved the WORLD that he gave his only begotten son, so that WHOSOEVER believeth in him shall have eternal life." Meaning, EVERYONE gay straight, bi, transgendered, cross-dresser, black, white, hindu, native american, asian, mexican, old, young, democrate, republican... who gives a ****.... ALL are able to go to heaven. That is something Christians who go by what their pastor and their parents told them need to understand, and a fact about the bible that non-Christians Bash so much. It is not the Bible that condemns people.... it's the people who created the religion by twisting the words of the bible around to suit their own personal opinions. Truly being Open-minded, respectful, and tolerant of other people's opinions means that you are willing to listen to a perspective that is not your own, be open to the possibility that this new perspective will most likely shed light on some misconceptions you may have had about the person presenting the new perspective, and are willing to better understand where the other person is coming from. Then after all that the "tolerant" part comes in by accepting they hold an opinion different from your own and putting up with the fact they like you, have the right to voice their opinion.

Best Answer

It is not in just one or 2 groups, it across the entire spectrum of communities: political (both major parties), GLBT. straight, religious/non-religious, every race, urban, suburban, rural. It is everywhere mainly with those who like to claim the "victim card" in they are treated in their lives. That is why people need to look in the mirror and do honest assessments of their lives.

Best Answer

I almost agree. LOL

Best Answer

YES! That is so true!

Best Answer

She just said she doesn't believe gays are going to hell. I think it's horrible that you've been brainwashed by an ancient book to believe we are not all equally worth. And no, I don't think it's ok to hold on to 'values' that praises hatred. Religion can he great but also gruesome at times, it makes you blind.

Best Answer

I think in the old testinent it said if your daughter/girlfriend is not a virgin before she marries then you should stone her to death...

Best Answer

Right. It's crazy

Best Answer

Why is the bible SO obsessed with sex?? get over it already.

Best Answer

Bible was written by frustrated men who hated women because they couldn't get laid and wanted to control the masses. And this holds true for other organized religions as well. Where do you think the term 'god fearing' comes from. If there is a god he/she wouldn't want us to afraid oh him/her. The men who wrote the bible knew they cant get respect so went about spreading fear.

Best Answer

*want us to be afraid of

Best Answer

Lonewolf you are a clever guy!

Best Answer

Lol.. thnks :)

Best Answer

I completely disagree with this opinion.... respecting your right to have it.... I would just like to know how you came about forming this opinion. Because it does not look like you formed this opinion of the bible from reading it, or studying it's history from credible sources.

Best Answer

Ever notice how sex becomes part of nearly all religions? Even celibacy, for pete's sake.

Best Answer

Who's Pete, and why do I care about him? :P

Sorry. Twisted sense of humor.

Best Answer

Actually, very little of the bible by comparison talks about sex. It is just the parts of the bible that do talk about sex that people are so obsessed with.

Best Answer

Having thoroughly read the old and new testaments many several times, I would like to know the specific book, chapter, and verse you get this from. Specifically because "girlfriends" are not a biblical concept, and I don't recall a verse on parents stoning their daughters because they've been deflowered before their wedding day. There are however many verses in the new and old testaments on how if people can't wait before they get married, then they should get married afterwards. These verses are why the concept of "shotgun weddings" were so popular in parts of the U.S. that unwittingly take the bible a little to literally in some places and twist it all out of context in others. However, I don't recall any on stoning your daughter or future wife if she's not a virgin before she married you. There's a couple of verses on stoning your wife... if she has sex with a man who's NOT her husband while she's married. Perhaps these are the verses you're referring to in the the old testament.

Best Answer

I so agree with you. good point.

Best Answer

Take them out to dinner and feed them lots of high-cholesterol food like lobster and cheesecake, then take them dancing but only do the *slow* dances so they don't get any exercise.

Best Answer

Geeez, just leave gay's alone. They're just people. Why hate a whole group of people without even knowing them personally as individuals?

Best Answer

People who hv problems with homosexuals go home and watch gay ****. I think they should be pitied. Poor things.

Best Answer

You are a f#%*ing ignorant moron and lack the most important aspect of being alive.
You create your own hell on earth with your grandiose, self centered, belief that you have the right to commit or even think that human genoside is acceptable to God.
Sociopaths, such as Hilter, Stalin, and too many modern "proclaimed self gods", along with individual "people" the lack any importance in societies, that attempt to become more ego centric by threatening death to persons that are different from your own limited pathetic life must take responsibility for their own mental illness. Do EVERYONE a favor, if your own life is this miserable, have to courage to just blow out your own brains. Leave people alone that are not sick like yourself. Pray for strength end your own mental suffering. Only total chicken ***** take out other people because they are afraid to die alone in their own misery.

Best Answer

If you had been paying attention. I said I DO NOT believe gays are going to hell. Even though I believe in God, I DO NOT believe gays automatically go to hell for being gay. I believe they just like anyone else have hope of an afterlife in heaven.

Best Answer

Yeah, well, when God asks you why you are so full of hate when he was all about love, I'd love to see your face......

Best Answer

Bring it on pu$$y-breath.

Best Answer

Really? ***** breath? That's not even a real insult.

Best Answer

aka: fuq'n a$$hole - hahahaha

Best Answer

That owning a home, having that snazzy car of your dreams, toting credit cards and being married with children does NOT mean you "have it all." It means you're up to your damn eyeballs in debt, you'll spend your existence constantly worried about making the payments so you can keep your stupid house/car/credit report clean and after all the sacrificing and scrimping and saving and busting your ***--- one job loss, one accident, one divorce, one lawsuit, or one death is capable of pulling the rug out from under you and taking it all in one fail swoop and destroying you at the same time. There is no security in life.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

well said!

Best Answer

Brava!

Best Answer

Finally, some sensible answer. Thank you!!!!

Best Answer

I'm more concerned about all the vacations we have never taken, all the cars we have never bought, I don't care that I don't use a credit card, the little old house I'm very slowly renovating myself as cheaply as possible - because we are trying to save it all for retirement.

Do you know what terrifies me? That next year or sometime in the five years before we can retire, Wall Street will find a way to get to our 'safe as we can manage it' money and we'll be destitute, like all those people in 2006. And they will not eat, drink and be merry this time, because that one is going to make the Great D look like a walk in the park. And Americans have many guns and many bodies.

Best Answer

yeah keeping up with the Jones,s, can make you skint to yir bone,ses.

Best Answer

There is security if one does not over spend what they do not have. A person who has enough money can have all these things and still not be in debt. That is called personal responsibility.

Best Answer

If only people understood that.

Best Answer

Truth and wisdom!

Best Answer

Love is a security. And it costs nothing. It will always be there.

Best Answer

it never ends does it

Best Answer

wow, good perspective. sounds like your ready to become a minimalist

Best Answer

How hard it is. How unfair it is. I knew it was hard and unfair as I grew up, but as an adult the point is driven in daily and without mercy.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

^^^ This.

Best Answer

Good!!

Best Answer

Good , that I'm having a hard life? Or are you saying it's a good post?

Best Answer

One day you look in the mirror and your youth is gone. Seems to disappear in the blink of an eye. All those years as a kid you wanted to get older then your old and you say where did the years go. WTF waiting to die.

Best Answer

exactly.

Best Answer

But - I'm having a blast!

Best Answer

Wow ... I feel sorry for you. I'm older than you and have had a couple near-death experiences. Live for today my friend and try to find joy in every minute. My only regret is how time seems to go faster and faster ... but I keep thinking younger and younger !!! Don't waste your time waiting!!!

Best Answer

just dont live as if you will not get old one day

Best Answer

Give. and don,t expect to get any thing back, expectations always hurt.

Best Answer

yes, but this constant belief will drill a hole in your heart, give and expect goodness in return, it may not be from THAT person, but goodness will eventually come back to you

Best Answer

How really really stupid it was to be literally anguished over high school students opinions of you and let them scar you for life. Life is so much more amazing than that! High school is nothing- it's a pebble in the ocean of life and the sooner you realize that the more amazing you will discover life to be!

Best Answer

High school for me is one of the best years of my life. gosh, its the time when you really don't have to think but play. Yes, it's so much harder when you get into adulthood still you discover more about life in this stage.

Best Answer

Good perspective. I see now it's a place where you should learn from others opinions no matter how mean rather than shielding yourself from them. It's a 'school'.

Best Answer

(applause)

Best Answer

that all grow up but not all get matured. and life is not as good as its seem to be in fairy tales and movies.

Best Answer

It can be. Don't lose faith. But I fully get what you are saying.

Best Answer

Not getting pregnant for me was part personal choice and hereditary choices. There is a family history of psychosis as well as mental retardation. *sorry if this choice in words offends anyone*
My first husband was infertile. We adopted two during his military service in Germany. But my older sisters had retarded children and several nieces and cousins bore at least one. The choice was mine to end the line. And my two kids have blessed me with healthy grandchildren full of absolute promise.

Best Answer

I think that was a very mature and kind direction to take. I don't see that you had a choice - and what of the choice of any child you might bear that would suffer from birth?

I raised three of my own but my pregnancies were hell! You were actually lucky your husband couldn't have children because I was denied a hysterectomy or tubal ligation because I was 'too young'. I nearly died because of that clever male decision.

Then I married a man with three kids, and I got three kids who had been adopted and thrown away, so my house overflowed with 9! Best years of my life until right now.

There are so many ways to parent, and I cannot thing of a single reason I might prefer my birth children over any of the others. We had to be pretty amicable in that group.

Best Answer

it doesn't but I want to think that someday, someone will make a movie out of my life. LOL #bigdreams

Best Answer

The ever-increasing acceleration of the passage of time.

Best Answer

As we get older the days grow longer but the years grow shorter. I read that somewhere.

Best Answer

I'm right in the middle of living it still, (and I hope I stay in neutral for awhile) but what surprises me the most is how darn tired I am and how very tired I get from doing everyday things like: getting out of bed, making breakfast, doing dishes, driving kids to and from school and other school and social activities, doing lesson plans, housework etc. H e l l, sometimes the idea of walking our dog around the block sounds too much.

Best Answer

It becomes routine.

Best Answer

get the h e l l out of the routine, girl!!

Best Answer

Life is not at all what I expected,mainly because I watched too many romantic comedies growing up. I guess the biggest shock for me came some time in my pre-teen years when I realized that everyone hurts. Everyone has something they carry with them that they feel the need to hide. Deep down no one is ever happy all the time. And this,the fact that life sucks for everyone at some time or another no matter how rich or pretty or skinny,this helped me understand things a whole lot better.

Best Answer

How true. Everyone has pain. It's how you you deal with it. Your attitude. To a great extent, life is what you make it.

Best Answer

mine came when i realized that every thing that you dreamed of, only come after you STRUGGLE for it. How that sucks......... when you dont get it

Best Answer

true. but there are very few who do get that dream. there can only be one number one at the olympics, so does that mean no one else really mattered? its not true, but for some reason, we only want to know who number one is...and what does that really mean?

Best Answer

How everybody tries to be victimized. "Whites" against "blacks", "blacks" against "whites", women against men, "gays" against "straights". It's sickening.

Best Answer

@ Jerry... Lol! Love it!

Best Answer

We have to tell ourselves and those around us to be victorious over what life gives you, not a so-called victim that blames everyone else but the one in the mirror.

Best Answer

It keeps us divided

Best Answer

The depths to which some of us can sink

Best Answer

I found that out joining EP!

Best Answer

Me, too.

Best Answer

Hate to tell you this but it's on every political website, every news website - the mood in America these days is ignorant and angry.

Best Answer

It's why I'm always pissed ironically.

Best Answer

I still have the same personality that I did as a child. I have made improvements but basically I am the same.

Best Answer

This is a good one. So true!!

Best Answer

I like this too...it's true for me...

Best Answer

I canstill remember as a child dreaming about becoming a adult and all the things I wanted to do before I got old ( at 7yrs. old I thought 30 was considered old, lol) And now I am so amazed by how some my fondest memories as a young adult are still so clear in my mind and if I really get lost in thought I can almost feel myself there. And then I open my eyes and its 20yrs later. I love hearing stories from elderly people because you can see in there face and hear in there voice how precious having that memory is to them. When your young you aren't able to grasp how vitally important it is to not put off things you want to try or see before you older. Its so amazing how years feel like months and days like hours. and that reminds me I need to make that special moment happen..... now.... bye..

Best Answer

I hope your comment wins best answer. It's beautiful.

Best Answer

True, true, true

Best Answer

how much it sucks

Best Answer

How dumb I used to be!

Best Answer

What surprised me the most?...Falling in love.

Best Answer

Finding your FIRST love late in life; to admit you never forgot each other.

Best Answer

That there have been and always will be complete idiots that will believe anything as long as someone recognizable behind a microphone says it with fake sincerity and puts the word "crisis" along with it!

Best Answer

How it is never "the end of the world" as it seems at some difficult moments, but soon you figure out an exit or a solution.

Best Answer

I love your COMMENT.

Best Answer