My parents divorced when I was 7. I had to help take care of my little sister and clean house. At the age of 15 I was working an going to school. I also paid my own bills. I still do! (:

Best Answer

kids and bills

Best Answer

Adversity in many forms and the results of corrective measures that were sometimes successful and many times not. <br />
Also consistently maintaining a circle of acquaintances and friends who were in many ways more intelligent and worldly increased my total awareness. You cannot progress and learn from dumb people.

Best Answer

the death of my son

Best Answer

People that I have met have matured me more than anything else could. The experiences the people in my life and I have shared, the situations they have inflicted or gifted me with, the stories they have shared with me; all of these things have shaped my mental growth.

Best Answer

the fact that my dad was verbally and physically abusive and whenever i would act like a child, i would have to deal with the consequences.

Best Answer

Being humbled. I was fired from a job I thought I was excellent in. Well, that taught me to grow up mentally.

Best Answer

Being alone a lot as a child and having a mom who wasn't affectionate probably jump started that process a bit. I had to learn to take care of most of my own needs, and I turned to music and reading and pretend play. All of that gave me a good imagination and the ability to entertain myself. I think it also made me more interested in the things around me, which made me enjoy learning all the more. But it was a bumpy ride sometimes. I learned about quite a few things just too early for my emotional well being.

Best Answer

nothing apparently

Best Answer