sdflf sdflf 46-50, F 19 Answers Jun 21, 2009

you married your spouse..not your in-laws

Best Answer

Be kind/polite, and limit your time with them. Let your spouse visit with them alone if possible.

Best Answer

fck-em!

Best Answer

If someone doesn't like you, no matter how hard you try, it's possible they never will. Since they are your in-laws I think you owe it to your spouse to be civil to them, and that is all. Make sure you don't let them walk all over you in an effort to get them to like you. Set boundaries and just be yourself. Your spouse is in love with you; your marriage is between you and your spouse. As long as you and your spouse are on the same page they can't affect your marriage any more than you allow it. <br />
But if it were me, there would be a point where I would stop trying to change their minds. Sometimes, it's just not worth it.

Best Answer

Well you just move on....

Best Answer

Sad but you cannot change what you are.. Sometimes just compromise but you cannot do that forever.. Just leave them to it ,,the most important is you and your wife or husband love and be strong with each other..No one gets in the way. Good luck!

Best Answer

You can bear long years of marriage, you will easily overcome. Like and dislike are only temporary sentiments.<br />
In order to change the world, we better try to change ourself. And love is the most powerful instrument of all times and all circumstances.

Best Answer

It's been YEARS. If they don't like you by now then they just don't like you. It is not your fault; you are who you are. As long as your wife loves you that is all that matters. Be your sweet loving self and let them be the unhappy uncomfortable ones:)

Best Answer

If after years your In-Laws don,t like you,,,don't worry just be true to you,,,,and Love your man,,,,with all your heart,,,and they have no reason not to Love you,,,because you make their son so very happy,,,and they should be grateful,,,that God/Goddess blessed hoim with you,,,,Love and Light Mary

Best Answer

I am sure this is very common. I think you simply have to just continue being polite and sweet. And the first three answers are very good and summarize it all. If you are a Christian you could also love them. And always give them nice gifts for Christmas and holidays. Who knows they may come around. Just don't start or get mixed up with any conflict.

Best Answer

i would get together with them in a polite mature way ask them what have you done for them to dislike you and talk things out like adults and tell them how you feel,

Best Answer

mine never did. <br />
The ex (this situation did not help) had an old girlfriend that they liked. I never stood a chance, I'm convinced of that now. THe in-laws would have little family get togethers, and we would not be invited because his old girl friend was invited instead. Mind you, my ex was their eldest son, named after father in law, I had the first grandson, named the III, after my ex and his dad...none of this made a bit of difference.<br />
My ex died last year unexpectedly, my oldest son flew back from deployment and the ex in laws had the service without allowing his children to attend. The inlaws got the old girlfriend to pay for cremation and my son was devastated, other 2 children, too. Today is not a good day at my house (fathers day). <br />
I'm not sure what your situation is, but if your in laws don't like you, it's not you. It's their problem, just be prepared though, it could impact your marriage. I guess it depends on how your husband (wife, are you male??) handles it.

Best Answer

all 3 answers above say it all.

Best Answer

Gotta go with the second poster. Avoid them. You're "nailing" their daughter/son, why should they like you?

Best Answer

me too

Best Answer