My dog cornered a black and white cat and got sprayed multiple times, I've been trying to clean her off but she is a retriever with thick fur.
bullgirl104 bullgirl104 16-17, F 14 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Hobbies

1 liter Hydrogen peroxide and 1/4 cup baking soda mixed in a bowl with liquid dish soap. Mix until it's foaming and apply generously to your dog. Takes about 5 minutes of scrubbing to kick in but it works beautifully. Avoid contact with eyes. This actually changes the chemical composition of the spray into non-odorous compounds. Tomato juice doesn't work, your nose just adjusts to the spray and you start smelling the tomato instead.

Best Answer

Why don't you ask Clay! He should be practice..;))

Best Answer

Hahahahaha yeah that's for sure

Best Answer

Tomato juice and if that fails, try a product called Skunk Off. I had a skunk in my bedroom once, and my dog had it cornered. . . it ended all bad. The combo of the 2 worked miralces on my dog, my clothes, my linens, etc.

Best Answer

Kill skunk... Wash dog.

Best Answer

It is the acid in the tomato juice that works, and no it doesn't burn.

Best Answer

Wash with tomato juice, don't know if it works, except from hearing that it did when I was a kid.

Best Answer

Bath her in tomato juice -- it'll take a lot of the strench. The acids from the tomato neutralize the skunk spray.

Best Answer

Tomato juice.

Best Answer

There are special shampoos that are made for that. Or try washing your dog with dish soap and tomato juice.

Best Answer

wash her in tomato juice

Best Answer

we dont have skunks in australia, why they smell so bad?

Best Answer

It's a black and white cat like creature when they feel threatened or scared they spray a very strong odor that is very hard to wash off

Best Answer