im 20, 1.68 height, has 6 packs, and does martial arts 8 years. there is a girl in the class who is 17 years old and practices just 3 years,a beautiful girl, 1.72 height, and she is way way better then me. my win lose ratio with her is 30-2 for her. we have a tourenment in few days, and i will be against her in the first round (first to get 10 wins goes to next step). should i give up that round and start just from the second round? she is a great fighter and i dont really stand a chance vs her........ give up or do it??
paullllllln paullllllln 18-21, M 1 Answer Jul 5 in Hobbies

Strange tournament setup, if it incentivises taking a fall against an opponent you don't think you can beat...<br />
Give it all you've got (or at least a decent attempt), it's the fair thing to do. What's the point of strategising your way through the tournament if you don't do it in the spirit of the competition?

Best Answer

i dont know.. she is so confident she told me once like "honney, why wont tyou just give up now?".
i meant i will probably 90% lose to her there.. you really think i should?

Best Answer

What exactly do you gain by not trying? A few fewer bruises in your next bout? Also, given the way you described her, I can't help but think you might be letting yourself get distracted from the fight ;)

Best Answer