I have had insecurity issues due to always trying to live up to others expectations from a very young age, fear of tests, failure and rejection because of choices I've made in friendships and relationships (most likely due to the above mentioned insecurity). I am, however, gaining strength in these areas trying daily to overcome and rise above any issues at hand. I am truly thankful for God and prayer.
ru4real2 ru4real2 56-60, F 21 Answers Aug 12, 2012 in Emotional Health

I had a very difficult childhood, most every type of abuse and felt constantly judged by people. I found it very difficult to connect with people, social anxiety and depression, in fact lived a very isolated life for almost 10 yrs. But im breaking through it, still have very few friends, but care much less if people like me or judge me. i am able to date, have relationships.

Best Answer

Great response.

Best Answer

I am so happy for you that you have come through so much. I have experienced a lot myself and still have to rise above things daily. My relationship with God is first and foremost and without Him I would be lost. Thank you for sharing that.

Best Answer

The fact that the adults were selling me a dog a pony show while really being much more scared and clueless than I ever was and often had little idea what was going on beyond their tasks at hand. I took the unstated social indoctrination as a conspiracy and once you start doubting authority it's a self fulfilling kind of deal as nonverbal clues communicate your disrespect which will setoff the occasional figure de jure in authority who decided I was what I was and reacted accordingly which isn't the best professional choice when dealing with kids. I got a bad taste of authority and it has coloured me strongly in my attitudes concerning the powers that be which Lo! and behold it turns out I was at least turning some level of objective reality into my issues rather than doing it all to myself but what little justification may be scraped from that cold comfort it remains that my authority issues mean that I'm more prepared to serve as a Robespierre instead of considering how I could be constructive and unifying when the other shoe drops. Now I find myself often arguing the merits of the government to those polarized to the extreme on deregulation and small government. Never say never cause it's a funny ol' world after all.

Best Answer

You have been through a lot as most of us have and I appreciate your response and hope your life has some happiness in it now. I wouldn't even get in to government isues right now because I get so upset over the fact that American freedom is almost gone due to them. They do things without consideration or care as to what our need and wants are and we just are forced to accept most of it unfortunately. Can't wait to vote!

Best Answer

It is the hatred of my father to be precise. He was such an abuser (physical). I never have had the feeling to ever forgive him. This is a canker for sure. The hatred is so great that I could kill him if he was alive. I was just a kid when I had to take the belting from him virtually every week without fail. Some times even three times. It still hurts and haunts.

Best Answer

My father was rarely around but did not abuse. I have suffered abuse in what I will call a past relationship and forgiving has never been as much as an issue to me as forgetting. I am a Christian and try hard, but it still haunts me and my heart bleeds for you. I have tried to move on and eventually without resentments and hope you are able to do the same. My prayers are with you. Thank you so much for your response as I can certainly relate. May God bless you always!

Best Answer

Thank you for your encouragement.

Best Answer

People always thinking that if you are overweight, that you are lazy. I have always worked my *** off, so that no one could say that I am lazy, and yet no matter how hard I work, I always feel like I should do more, and that I am being lazy. It's a weird thing..

Best Answer

Thanks for your respnse. Honest answer!

Best Answer

Many things, mainly my mother. She expected and still expects perfection. She is very critical of me and has set views on how people should live. She is very rigid in her viewpoints. She criticized me for having emotions and being upset and put me down. All of this has resulted in a severe lack of self esteem and confidence and feeling like I am unloveable unless I can be perfect or near enough perfect. It's hard.

Best Answer

Very honest answer.

Best Answer

Low self-esteem thanks to mom constantly telling me I need to change or else nobody will love me. She also constantly mentions I'm not smart enough and not able to live on my own or make decisions, though I think I'm finally overcoming this one.

Best Answer

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. Honest response.

Best Answer

The death of both my parents when l was 14 & then getting treated like cr*p by the people who were supposed to look afer me. A rolling pin over my head was the norm. Still dont understand why they treat me like that ?

Best Answer

Very sad and hopefully your life is better now.

Best Answer

Very abusive mum, telling me I was nothing as a child, worthless but just because she was my mum doesnt make her right

Best Answer

No one is always right and now you can make decisions for yourself.

Best Answer

Being born in a male body with a highly feminised brain structure...

Realising that I was actually a girl encased in a male shell at age four, stating this and then being subject to relentless social conditioning as a boy...

Suffering the ignoble pains as a consequence...

Enduring a miserable adolescence and a morose adulthood until after drug abuse alcohol abuse and various other self destructive behaviours including a suicide attempt I am now facing this head on despite losing my soul mate my home n more I am now in due process and living in my true gender as a woman....

Best Answer

Very honest and sad response. I am glad you are happy now.

Best Answer

You have endured so much in your life and I could actually feel your pain.

Best Answer

Thank you that is kind
Fundamental Buddhist tenant:
Life is suffering...

Best Answer

You must have suffered endlessly. I feel for you.

Best Answer

Insecurity and Weight

Best Answer

Most of us have had that from time to time. Thanks!

Best Answer

Similar to yours. Being left alone much of the time, an emotionally detached mother, and having a bullying older brother seems to have established certain emotional triggers or insecurities that I have to deal with often.

Best Answer

I believe evryone has insecurities in some area and as we age we just learn to deal with them and have more understanding of what we want and what is right according to our own beliefs. Thank you for your response and I hope things improve for you. I am working on that daily myself with God's help.

Best Answer

Sexual abuse.

Best Answer

Nobody should ever have to endure that. My prayers are with you as I don't think something like that ever leaves you.

Best Answer

Probably boarding school when I was 8 until 12 years old.

Best Answer

I had no friends when I was little because I was kinda out there and thought too much about philosophy and stuff and have confidence and self-esteem issues to this day! But I'm working on it...

Best Answer

The great part is that we CAN continue to work on the issues that have affected us in the past. Thanks for your response.

Best Answer

Being raped.

Best Answer

I can't even imagine living with that one, but I hope your life has improved and have good support systems.

Best Answer

I have no support in real life. But I do have support here on ep. A few very good people on here. Rape does change ones life forever. It is like your former self dies and you have to learn to be the new person you are. Which is not an easy life anymore.

Best Answer