UnderstandingWhy UnderstandingWhy 22-25 15 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Religion

To be honest, I didn't understand a lot of it in my youth but as I gained wisdom and being raised with religion, I realized there is no truer love than the love of God and prayer and a relationship with Him make problems in life much easier to handle if LEFT in His care.

Best Answer

Grew up with religion, found God ..he found me 12 years ago. i saw and heard the true Gospel of Jesus christ, his saving grave ..his forgiveness in which we get as a free gift..not by what we do..praise God :-)

Best Answer

I read the Bible and the message in it moved me to belief.

Thas short but i includes logic and emotion. :)

The message provoked an emotion.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Best Answer

I HATED religion as I was brought up in it and found it tiresome and rebelled seriously against it. Years later, it all made sense to me and now, it just seems like the most natural way of living ever.

Best Answer

It was how I was raised, wasn't any severe level of indoctrination, not even moderate really. So god wasn't something I thought about much, seemed to just be far away, not important.

And once I started to find justification for belief in an objective manner, I realized their wasn't any.

That's when I woke up to reality.

Best Answer

I was driven the **** in to me there kind of hypocritical god .. Sucks .. Abusive priests and nuns .. God most of the ******* are sick .. Not all of them just most of them .. Anyone denying themselves gods loving creations is sick in the head if you ask me x

Best Answer

My mother told me when I was four or so that there was an entity that wanted to see good done. I thought about it. I read a lot on the subject. It's not certain such an entity exists, but if the universe is infinite, it's a possibility worth considering.

Best Answer

i was finally fed up with this materialistic world we live in. now material thing mean nothing to me for I now only serve God and do his will. I am but a simple servant. I own nothing and have nothing more then two sets of clothing and my prayer beads. i dont even have a home. and I have never been happier in my life. thank you. Hare Krishna

Best Answer

Well, brought up by a catholic mum....that's always been important to her....

Me? I had a life-changing situation where I nearly died....and I heard a voice telling me I would be alright....and that my family will also be alright....

And I kinda surrended myself to living a healthier life...

Martika xx

Best Answer

Nothing so far, but one day, I came close. It was a terrible windy cold gray day with a find mist of cold rain falling. I was all huddled against the wind and the rain and suddenly, I was overcome by a feeling of well being and I opened my coat and let the wind and rain hit my face and neck and I felt joyful. That feeling lasted the rest of the day, but has never been repeated. I came close to believing, that day.

Best Answer

Children are indoctrinated into their parent's religion from the moment they are old enough to listen. The undue influence of parents upon young, impressionable minds is the only means by which religion can survive because there is no sense to it. It is no wonder, therefore, that the religion of an adult child nearly always is the same as the religion of their parents. Brainwashing through dogma is what religion is all about. A few of us are lucky enough to escape it, once we become old enough to think for ourselves.

Best Answer

God.

Best Answer

Fear of Death.

And reasonable arguement brought me away from Religion.

Best Answer

I am curious to what the argument was that took you away from religion? if i may ask.

Best Answer

I've long since forgotten, honestly, but despite staying open minded, I can't find myself agreeing with any sort of belief.

Best Answer