Everything I've ever attempted has backfired on me. I went to college, I got married, I joined the army...nothing ever works. I'm not good enough to succeed in life, and nobody gives a **** about a homeless fuckup. I just don't know why I can't even succeed at the simplest things. I tried dating for a while, but I never got a second date. Then I realized I don't have a car so I'm out of the running. Even simpler things are above me--I don't have any friends that I go out with or call or write to. People who call themselves my friends don't care what I have to say. And being a veteran makes me less qualified for jobs. I even had a manager tell me he considered veterans liabilities. So here I am. I've done everything I can to make something of myself only to end in failure.
bbw2be bbw2be 26-30, F 3 Answers Oct 17, 2011

The only real way to fail is to give up.

Best Answer

The only thing that would turn you into a "failure" if giving up.<br />
I know how you feel. I grew up around very successful people. Everyone I grew up around has won Academy Awards, Emmys, Pulitzer Prizes. Everyone is good looking and slim. And confident.<br />
I finally figured out that I am comparing myself to people who are UNUSUAL. Most people are more like we are. I have a feeling that you are comparing yourself to some extremely successful people. There will always be those who do better in some areas of life and those who do worse than you have. Try comparing yourself to most people and you will discover that most people don't go into the military and become veterans (I wanted to join the military when I was young but my parents laughed me out of it--they ridiculed me and said I would never make it and would just be a public embarrassment--so I never enlisted). Most people do not go to college. According to the standards of most people, you ARE a success!

Best Answer

How am I a success if I have nothing to show for everything I've done? I don't even have friends to talk to.

Best Answer

No one is ever a total failure, a failure would have just given up, you went to college, got married and joined the army, that dosent sound like a failure to me, If you are not getting what you want from your friends, get new friends, everybody has to start somewhere so even if you have to do a job that you dont like for a while its a start so you can move on to something better, and I think that as a veteran you can go back to college and study something else if you want, Michael Jordan said that the more that people told him he wasent good enough the more determined it made him to succeed

Best Answer

I don't have talent and I have nothing left to try. If I go back to college I'll just fail again. I was hopin for something different that I haven't already ****** up. but thanx for answering when no one else will.

Best Answer

Sounds like to me you may be suffering from depression, go and talk to someone

Best Answer

Am I supposed to be proud of accomplishing nothing in life? I just don't get that.

Best Answer

u have accomplished stuff. u just dont see. Keep talking to ppl (me or anyone who gives a positive energy not ppl who will drag u down) so they will help u see wat u hav done.

Best Answer

sometimes we can be really hard on ourselves, sometimes we expect a lot form ourselves and push too hard. u went to college. not many did so, u joined the army, thousands have tried and never made it. u can type, u can read, u hav ppl here on EP to talk to u, and u can be frends if the ppl u are around do not understand. Give thanks for wat u have. Dont look around the wolrd and compare urself
COZ THER IS ALWAYS GONNA BE SOMEONE who has done more, gotten more, reached farther etc. Look at u. u have life. u have life

Best Answer