He's an atheist and the bible tells me to.
Gioni02 Gioni02 70+ 9 Answers Aug 29 in Health

I would use toasted marshmallows if I were you. ;)

Best Answer

Perhaps in time he will find his own way spiritually. Brace yourself though, in case what he ultimately chooses is not what you want, but it is his life to live. :)

Best Answer

I'm certain some ignorant Christian who's either never read the Bible, or who just read the sunday school version, is going to claim it doesn't say this.

Best Answer

One already did

Best Answer

You're kidding right?! None!

Best Answer

BUT JAHEEBUS SAYS SO?!?!?!

Best Answer

Just don't take him for granit.

Best Answer

Punny vey punny

Best Answer

Makes sense, though I thought the Jesus guy said "he without sin cast the first stone"..

Best Answer

Heavy metal music

Best Answer

pop rocks...

Best Answer

No it doesn't.

Best Answer

Yes it does let me find the verse be right back.

Best Answer

Called it.

Best Answer

(Deuteronomy 21:18-21) here I believe

Best Answer

Wrong place, I think. That's just a line about disobedient children.
...
...
"If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die."

Best Answer

You don't understand the bible or what Jesus Christ accomplished. Don't throw scripture at me.

Best Answer

You don't understand the evil of your religion, the suffering it's caused, or the evil and ignorance you're perpetuating by supporting it. You also can't do a thing to stop me from throwing scripture at you, short of the block button.

Best Answer

Indeed. You are referring to a verse(s) that's over 3000 years old, so historical context should be considered. The new testament, was written 1000 years after the old, and within that there is nothing in support of stoning.

Best Answer

Yes you did: "I'm certain some ignorant Christian who's either never read the Bible, or who just read the sunday school version, is going to claim it doesn't say this." You're absolutely right. That belief *is* ignorant.

Best Answer

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Best Answer

The ones you have in your head!

Best Answer