I decided to try singing the other day and discovered that my vocal range without any training as it is, goes from E below middle C to A 5... Would I be Soprano, Mezzo, or Alto?
ModernAesthetisist1811 ModernAesthetisist1811 13-15, F 2 Answers Jan 17 in Hobbies

Female usually soprano

Best Answer

Yes, I have noticed most of us are sopranos, but my voice is rather on the low side...

Best Answer

If your going to a voice lesson your teacher can tell you.

Best Answer

Wow..nice range. Mezzo I would be guessing, but your working range would extend from E above middle C to A above high C.

Best Answer

Thank you :) I did not know a mezzo could reach a E 6!

Best Answer

In some cases it is possible. Who did your range test ?

Best Answer

In my family there is a singer...he tested me last time I saw him...I play the piano too, so I sometimes like to sing as I play. I am most comfortable around C 5 and the notes lower than that.
I guess I am used to speaking like that and lack training for my higher range...

Best Answer

Great range to say the least. You really should get training and develop your vocal techniques.

Best Answer

Thank you! I shall work on it...
Are you a singer?

Best Answer

Former. I am retired to the studio now.

Best Answer

What voice did you have?

Best Answer

Coloratura when I was much younger, but ended up in the lyric soprano range as I got older.

Best Answer

Oh wow! Such voices are very impressive! Sorry you retired :/

Best Answer

I was on the road for years dear. I had my day, now I help others reach their potential.

Best Answer

You teach?

Best Answer

Yes and I also own and operate my own private studio. I do not divulge my identity for obvious reasons. I hope you understand.

Best Answer

Yes of course! I don't even divulge my name haha ;)
Does a girl's voice still change when she is 14? (Well there I just said my age)

Best Answer

Yes. Your range will change with age, but that can be compensated for with proper training.

Best Answer